.. looking at a bevy of mlb stadiums show most have one side of the stadium running 600-700 feet long. That just so happens to be length of the lot directly south of the rogers centre, and you can run diagonally across the lot.. just missing the pump house for 700 feet too. Any new stadium is likely to make heavy use of ETFE for the roof, and as its a low weight material we may see some fun designs come out for this.

No, he said the exact opposite. He clearly said that most companies used COVID as the 'perfect time to renovate'. And that was my observation too. Companies the world over took the pandemic as an opportunity to do major renovations yet Rogers failed to take advantage of this once in a blue moon window.

You're not understanding what he said. Because the Jays weren't playing there for the better part of two years, it would have been the perfect time to do a reno. The problem was the Jays didn't know when they would be playing there again, and under what circumstances. You can't possibly do a reno when you have no time frame to go by.

You can't have multi-million dollar athletes in limbo because you're trying to do reno's in the middle of a pandemic This was never going to happen.

There's been quite a few of those large green bins (pictured in the background) full of trash hauled away this week. Looks like there's also a good amount of concrete being cut out and hauled away as well.

I assume this is from inside The Rogers Centre. The bins are just outside the hotel attached to the dome.

PXL_20211104_172929206.jpeg

There's been quite a few of those large green bins (pictured in the background) full of trash hauled away this week. Looks like there's also a good amount of concrete being cut out and hauled away as well.

I assume this is from inside The Rogers Centre. The bins are just outside the hotel attached to the dome.

View attachment 360736

Interesting. I wonder if it has anything to do with the scoreboard or something. else.

35ED9469-29B7-4624-9BB0-CD532FF20343.jpeg

Interesting. I wonder if it has anything to do with the scoreboard or something. else.
it seems to be that a major renovation is occurring at the former “sightlines” buffet restaurant. Likely to support the new scoreboard but it does look like sightlines is gone, at least. hopefully something great will be going in that space.

46E4A1F4-D4BA-4348-BB8B-432216ECED28.jpeg

it seems to be that a major renovation is occurring at the former “sightlines” buffet restaurant. Likely to support the new scoreboard but it does look like sightlines is gone, at least. hopefully something great will be going in that space.

View attachment 360775

That looks to be way to much concrete for a simple restaurant reno. Look at the size of those concrete junks in the original pic. Those are huge. Also, those bins are on the opposite side of the "sightlines" restaurant which doesn't seem to make sense.

That looks to be way to much concrete for a simple restaurant reno. Look at the size of those concrete junks in the original pic. Those are huge. Also, those bins are on the opposite side of the "sightlines" restaurant which doesn't seem to make sense.
all i know is sightlines is gutted now (i walked by earlier today) and last week when i took those photos they where removing items from the area, not concrete at that time. Signs for sightlines have also been removed too.

as i mentioned before, sightlines is gone. likely to support the new scoreboard. and hopefully something great replaces it. Sightlines was dated and not even opened the time they played this past season.

not sure what their plans are but they could open up the former entrance if they wanted as that convenience store that was next to the sightlines entrance has been closed for a couple of years. it would be great if they demoed that too and activated the back side of the stadium into that plaza area they renovated recently.

I know there's new lighting being installed (HIDs replaced with LEDs). Might be a step toward installing grass.

I know there's new lighting being installed (HIDs replaced with LEDs). Might be a step toward installing grass.

No chance that's happening. That issue is dead in the water until they decide if they're going to do a major reno, or new stadium.

Lighting, unfortunately, is just one of the issues regarding the installation of grass, and probably not the biggest one.

Wish they would add lights up into the roof. Would be much nicer if there were an artificial sky when the roof is closed.

Lighting, unfortunately, is just one of the issues regarding the installation of grass, and probably not the biggest one.
The biggest issue by far is the lack of drainage infrastructure on the field. It's all solid concrete under the field since the building was originally designed with the easily changeable turf surface to switch between football and baseball. It was never designed to support live grass in any way.

Back