Photos taken November 9th, 2021:

Just a couple, first from Bay St, then from Yorkville

1636490688618.png

1636490729059.png

🐘 in the room.

Since this looks absolutely nothing like the renderings or Great Gulf’s project description: “ribbons of gleaming steel and luminous glass create a stunning façade”… I’m wondering if the gleaming steel will tacked on at some future date ;-).

I looked around for a rendering that remotely resembled what has been built so far, and only found this one from First Gulf:

NORM-LI_180411_EXT_Hero_03.jpg

Link
Great Gulf render from the database: https://cdn.skyrisecities.com/sites/default/files/images/projects/15185/15185-63958.jpg
Bit unfair, at least at this point, as there's no cladding on the west facade...

Though nothing spectacular I'm a big fan of how reflective the glass is here.
I'm waiting upon the fins before passing judgement here...unless that got all value engineered out. >.<

I'm waiting upon the fins before passing judgement here...unless that got all value engineered out. >.<
I fear that the fins are gone - if you look at the renderings on the database, they're only visible (on the south side) in the first picture.

I fear that the fins are gone - if you look at the renderings on the database, they're only visible (on the south side) in the first picture.
Are they gone or just for the one side? Because that's not entirely a bad thing if it's with the latter.

Are they gone or just for the one side? Because that's not entirely a bad thing if it's with the latter.
The first rendering shows fins on the south side (facing Cumberland), with no fins on the east side (facing Yonge). I can't remember seeing fins on the remaining 2 sides in the renderings. In fact, subsequent renderings show that the fins on the south side, which are supposed to 'fold' into slats on the underside of the overhang, are gone, although the slats are still there.

Back