Jet design has loads of fancy renders on their site but not a single one has been built. This seems like fiction to me.
For me, that might be a blessing in disguise...as I like the building that's already there much better.

This design would be okay elsewhere in the city but Yorkville needs more traditional stone/brick/precast designs that gave the neighbourhood some of its glitzy identity in the early 2000s. After One St Thomas, almost all of the proposals have been contemporary window/curtainwall.

Very derivative of BIG. Yawn.

I'm not convinced this is real, or in any event will be approved in its current form..............

But to the extent that either is true.........

Hey, it could have been derivative of KirKor...... LOL

If you're going to emulate the designs of others, you can do worse than cribbing BIG's notes.

Event Information: 69 Yorkville Avenue - Virtual Community Consultation Meeting

Date and time:Wednesday, March 2, 2022 6:00 pm
Eastern Standard Time (Toronto, GMT-05:00)
Change time zone
Duration:2 hours
Description:
The City has received an application to amend the Official Plan and Zoning By-law to permit a 29-storey mixed-use building with 143 dwelling units.

Please visit the City's Application Information Centre to learn more about the application at www.toronto.ca/69YorkvilleAve

According to city documents, an application to revamp the building and turn it into a 29 floor, mixed use building, including 143 residential units. The application was filed in November of 2021, with site plan approval submitted on December 29, 2021.

The application was then given to the city for feedback on January 24, and results are pending. “City staff have not completed a review of the application at this time, Senior Planner in Community Planning David Driedger explains. “Once a review is completed, then comments will be provided to the applicant.”

It wouldn’t be the first time that Dynasty Chinese has had to move, though, as it has bounced around the Yorkville neighbourhood since its inception, having moved from a previous location at 131 Bloor Street West.

As of now, though, everything depends on that meeting. “A preliminary report from staff, providing basic application details, will be going to the February 16, 2022 Toronto and East York Community Council meeting,” Driedger says. “A community consultation meeting is scheduled for March 2 to discuss the proposed application.”

They've been trying to flog this one for years. No one has taken the bait. It's not a good site, and the existing building is a beautiful piece of history.

Well, PE...........

This one is the subject of a Refusal Report to the next meeting of TEYCC:

From the above:

1673881286176.png

This design would be okay elsewhere in the city but Yorkville needs more traditional stone/brick/precast designs that gave the neighbourhood some of its glitzy identity in the early 2000s. After One St Thomas, almost all of the proposals have been contemporary window/curtainwall.
Agreed, more traditional designs would be better, enough with the gray/glass buildings.

Back