Look for it.

6F039401-981E-4291-99BA-600D5DBB3A68.jpeg

Mean Bao can also be confirmed for the Food Aisle

Coming to General Government Committee next week: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2021.GL27.7

Summary
The purpose of the report is to seek authority to enter into a construction and licence agreement with Hines 141 Bay Property Inc. and 141 Bay Street Property I Inc. (collectively, the "141 Bay Owner") for the construction and maintenance of the new North Bay Pedestrian Bridge at Union Station, and to amend the Corporate Real Estate Management capital budget to fund part of the interior adjustments to the east wing of Union Station. The North Bay Pedestrian Bridge will connect the publicly-accessible P.A.T.H. from Union Station to the new Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce head office building at 141 Bay Street, partially on City-owned land at Union Station.

Corporate Real Estate Management is proposing to add a new project called "North Bay Pedestrian Bridge Connection," with $1 million in project costs, and $150,000 of cash flow in 2021 and $850,000 of cash flow in 2022, fully funded by Section 37 (Planning Act Reserve Funds) community benefits from 1-7 The Esplanade. As the total project cost is currently estimated at $2.8 million pending project finalization, the 141 Bay Owner will fund the remaining $1.8 million and all future project costs, as part of the cost sharing agreement outlined in this report.​

Cool - I didn't know that project was in the cards (new pedestrian bridge from the Union east wing across Bay to the new structure on the old GO bus terminal). Looks a better connection than Platform 3.

Will the path connection go all the way to Yonge? Gosh, perhaps they will get the Path all the way to the market one day.
There are plans and $$ to go from the west to east sides of Yonge and into the Backstage Condo Building (through Section 37 from the Backstage, which already has a 'corridor' inside the building and a knock-out panel on their west wall). Then the plan (NOT funded or, I think, really investigated)) is to continue the PATH through the Green P parking to the bottom of Market Street. I will be surprised if this second phase happens until the Green P is rebuilt and there seems no way for it to get from the Green P to the actual Market itself but .....

Checked out the new Foodie Aisle. Love the offerings, but it really is tucked out of the way. There’s signage, but you follow it and it’s still not really apparent there is anything down there. I can see that impacting business a bit.

Checked out the new Foodie Aisle. Love the offerings, but it really is tucked out of the way. There’s signage, but you follow it and it’s still not really apparent there is anything down there. I can see that impacting business a bit.
I think that when they open the currently closed link going west towards the York food court and the other booths open it will be just fine.

Tried Mikey’s today, not bad! Wonder if they’ll be open after events at SBA, feels like a missed opportunity that everything is closed by 9pm.

Tried Mikey’s today, not bad! Wonder if they’ll be open after events at SBA, feels like a missed opportunity that everything is closed by 9pm.

It's early yet; and traffic is inordinately low.

Give it time.

Profit is sometimes a problem when it comes to maximum achievement for the community; but when it comes to hours of operation of a service business.......

It's a fine incentive to drive additional hours where it makes sense.

Back