News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Limitations on indoor dining and events could probably be re-established (the resto industry is about to enter its dead time of year anyhow from New Years Day to Valentine's Day), but beyond that, it's really the lax enforcement that's the likely culprit. Getting a donut for my daughter yesterday I saw a woman and (I assume) her mother walk in to a Tim Horton's, sit down and immediately take off their masks. The woman got up to go to the cash to get something and only put a mask on when the cashier noted it. The cashier handed her her food and told her "you need to show you're vaccinated to dine in" to which the woman nodded with an eye-roll, showed her absolutely nothing and then went back to sit down unmasked with her mother.
And what are the consequences for this objectionable behaviour? I certainly wouldn't expect the counter staff at a fast food chain to protest or put up a fuss. They're not paid enough to deal with that bullshit. That's where store managers need to step up.

Again, we all need to look at the severity (shown by hospitalisation and ICU)

new.jpg

and

Hosp.jpg

And what are the consequences for this objectionable behaviour? I certainly wouldn't expect the counter staff at a fast food chain to protest or put up a fuss. They're not paid enough to deal with that bullshit. That's where store managers need to step up.
Yes, but Managers these days tend to prefer hiding in the back. Not that I blame them, but there's a lot of responsibility being shirked by those given greater responsibility.

Yes, but Managers these days tend to prefer hiding in the back. Not that I blame them, but there's a lot of responsibility being shirked by those given greater responsibility.

It's a vicious cycle. Those at the front line aren't paid enough to care, and the managers feel that they've gotten into a position where such "menial tasks" are beneath them. Nothing gets done as a result.

Almost every restaurant I've gone to now isn't checking my vax paperwork. I don't imagine too many will scan the QR code.
I filed a complaint to the city about Eataly this morning. I only go to their market and they don't ask for my vaccination proof, but the restaurant areas are not separated from the market in any way, and in any event, they consider the whole place to be a restaurant since the market sells wine. It will be probably for naught, since they can simply claim the market is a take-out section, and those are exempt. In other words, the vax proof system is utterly useless.

Where I work, (a financial institution downtown in the financial district) they just announced the planned, formal and mandatory return to work has been pushed back to "the end of Q1" from January 15th.
So, basically, a three month extension to optional full time work from home. I am sure they are not and/or will not be the only one now.

Last edited:
My company is still holding on to hybrid return work starting January. But there's been a big lack of communication on how that's going to work, and so I suspect they will delay it.

Where I work, (a financial institution downtown in the financial district) they just announced the planned, formal and mandatory return to work has been pushed back to "the end of Q1" from January 15th.
So, basically, a three month extension to optional full time work from home. I am sure they are not and/or will not be the only one now.
Well my business partner and I have pretty much decided we won't go back to the office for the foreseeable future. Our lease ends in July and that will be it.

Got a message from St. Michael's (where I got my first dose); I was able to make an appointment for Monday for my third dose. 1st on April 13, 2nd on June 13, 3rd on December 13.

Reactions: DSC
Just came back from Grazie Ristorante at Yonge and Eg. They didn’t scan my QR Code, but looked at it and my ID.
Can't scan the QR codes because the free Verify Ontario app is too expensive? Guess they want to be "paid" to use it, each and every time.

Back