News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Of course the vaccination portal is down right now since the government has had barely a year to make it work properly.

Edit: It finally worked 40 minutes later.
I tried to download my proof of vaccination last night and the portal kept saying that it had no record of my vaccination? Is this the same thing you were seeing? Fortunately, I was able to find a saved copy of the PDF eventually, but it was a frustrating experience.

I tried to download my proof of vaccination last night and the portal kept saying that it had no record of my vaccination? Is this the same thing you were seeing? Fortunately, I was able to find a saved copy of the PDF eventually, but it was a frustrating experience.
I was trying to book a booster appointment for my husband; those 50 and over became eligible this morning. Fortunately, I was able to get one eventually. Same for my business partner and his husband. However, it can't beat my experience with St. Michael's Hospital; because I got my first shot there, they actually sent me an email several days ago offering me an appointment. I'm going this afternoon.

It feels more and more like a new lockdown is inevitable.

The Leafs are away this whole week traveling through western Canada, but already one game is cancelled because of COVID in Calgary.

After this week, they are back to play here on the 23rd, the day before Christmas Eve, which, wow you know that's gonna turn out to be a Christmas family superspreader event, no?

Last edited:
I'm also waiting for my email from St. Michael's, but it won't be until they open it to those under 50. I think it'll be 18+ starting next year? It's just so oddly organized/scheduled.

Except hospitalizations are not doubling everyday. It's been sub 400 since September.

That comes with the assumption of Omicron, which is expected to be the dominant variant within a week or so, behaves in a way similar to Delta and the other previous variant. At a minimum this calls for a heightened level of caution and behaviour changes.

AoD

News Release

December 13, 2021

City of Toronto announces update on return to office plans

Based on recent changes to provincial public health guidelines, the City of Toronto is providing an update on its return to office plans for City office staff, which represent approximately 25 per cent of the City’s total workforce.

On Friday, December 10, the Province’s Chief Medical Officer of Health advised that employers in all industries should make every effort to allow employees to continue to work from home. As a result of this change in guidance, City office staff will continue to work remotely until there are changes to these provincial public health guidelines.

Counter services at City Hall and civic centres will remain open, as they have since August. Throughout the pandemic, the City accelerated the digital transformation that was already underway, which has modernized and improved customer experience and will continue to deliver convenient digital services ensuring choice, accessibility and equity for residents.

The health and safety of residents, businesses and City staff remain key priorities. The City continues to closely monitor COVID-19 and its variants, as has been the case since the start of the pandemic, and will continue to base decisions on scientific evidence.

The latest information about City services, including counter services, is available on the COVID-19: Changes to City Services webpage: www.toronto.ca/home/covid-19/covid-19-latest-city-of-toronto-news/affected-city-services/.

I wonder if virtual learning will be reimplemented Post-Winter break.
What really *should* happen is only the vaccinated kids be allowed to return. Wanna see parents rush to get their kids vaccinated? Tell them there'll be saddled with them at home if they don't.

(I say this as someone whose 9-year old got her first shot on Nov 26th).

There's no reason it can't be a requirement. Staff included. The only thing stopping it is a stubborn premier.

It feels more and more like a new lockdown is inevitable.

The Leafs are away this whole week traveling through western Canada, but already one game is cancelled because of COVID in Calgary.

After this week, they are back to play here on the 23rd, the day before Christmas Eve, which, wow you know that's gonna turn out to be a Christmas family superspreader event, no?
I went to a Leafs game on Thursday night, only the second time I've done that since they moved into the new arena in the late 1990s. A guy sitting right behind me, and another sitting right beside me, by the third period were frequently yelling at each other when not drinking beer with their masks off. They particularly liked using a word beginning the letter 'p', each time I could feel my hair moving or maybe even moisture drops. Luckily no symptoms since then, and they definitely were scanning the QR codes on entry, unlike my last two visits to mall food courts where they just looked to see that the name on the photo I.D. matched the one displayed on the smartphone screen.

I went to a Leafs game on Thursday night, only the second time I've done that since they moved into the new arena in the late 1990s. A guy sitting right behind me, and another sitting right beside me, by the third period were frequently yelling at each other when not drinking beer with their masks off. They particularly liked using a word beginning the letter 'p', each time I could feel my hair moving or maybe even moisture drops. Luckily no symptoms since then, and they definitely were scanning the QR codes on entry, unlike my last two visits to mall food courts where they just looked to see that the name on the photo I.D. matched the one displayed on the smartphone screen.

You should be fine. Most covid cases are coming from schools. Not leaf games. Why schools are still open is beyond me.

Anti vaxx idiots can't go to leaf games or eat in restaurants, but they can send their un vaxxed kids to school.

Last edited:
Schools also serve as socialization time for children, for social support, and for education. Online schooling last year, from what I hear, was kind of a disaster.

Kids already know how to socialize on the net. Even before the pandemic they were on Facebook/Skype. Ticktock/...etc I would think it's worse for adults. COVID isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Kids will learn how to adapt.

Back