Additional angles.

For those curious about the shade, it's quite close to the reflectivity and shade as the 19 Duncan Podium glass in person.

PXL_20211210_202442415.jpg
PXL_20211210_202211722.jpg

Glass is starting to go up, weirdly the brick is still behind it.

View attachment 368194View attachment 368195View attachment 368196
I assume there is telephone equipment behind the brick and the glazing is to match what is going above, where I assume the windows will be windows. Better than the CF idea at the Simpson Building where they thought having a solid wall of white urinal siding was a good idea for the equivalent space on that building.

Agree. Wonderful facade but are we any further ahead when we destroy something of beauty to build something of beauty?

We literally have 100s of buildings that need a re-work/change. This wasn't one of them. Toronto's inventory of architecturally noteworthy buildings is quite limited but it was decided to decrease our inventory of such buildings even further? We certainly don't do ourselves any favours.

Last edited:
I like that glass...but I can't forgive them for what they removed though.

To be [somewhat] fair to WZMH (though they really don't deserve it), the 401 Bay disaster is the result of the Pellow acquisition, not something they came up with themselves.

@mods, can you add this project to the map and/or search database? The only way to find this thread is to scroll through all the buildings threads until you find it. Since this is not a project that gets updated daily, it may take a while to find it.

Back