The website calls it an 'investment focused residence' and 'Calgary's best real estate investment opportunity'.

The floorplates are interesting; very few units sold (or conditionally sold).
The retail floor plate is interesting:
1639725193790.png

The CRUs on the east side are fairly standard units around 2000 sq ft; there's tons of businesses that are around that size; personal services, medical, larger fast food/coffee, smaller restaurant. The little ones on the west side are around 500sq ft; that's okay for like a takeout-focused fast food (pizza, juice), or maybe a small salon or drycleaner or something. But then there's a big CRU that I clock at around 12,000 sq ft. That's too small for grocery (the Mission Safeway is twice the size), or any big-box; even something like a Mark's is typically 20K. But it's too big for restaurants, for banks, for most uses. There's no reason I can think of to not have a similar layout to the right and have a bunch of standard sized units; makes me wonder of there's a specific tenant in mind. (Shopper's?)

The website calls it an 'investment focused residence' and 'Calgary's best real estate investment opportunity'.

The floorplates are interesting; very few units sold (or conditionally sold).
The retail floor plate is interesting:
View attachment 369728

The CRUs on the east side are fairly standard units around 2000 sq ft; there's tons of businesses that are around that size; personal services, medical, larger fast food/coffee, smaller restaurant. The little ones on the west side are around 500sq ft; that's okay for like a takeout-focused fast food (pizza, juice), or maybe a small salon or drycleaner or something. But then there's a big CRU that I clock at around 12,000 sq ft. That's too small for grocery (the Mission Safeway is twice the size), or any big-box; even something like a Mark's is typically 20K. But it's too big for restaurants, for banks, for most uses. There's no reason I can think of to not have a similar layout to the right and have a bunch of standard sized units; makes me wonder of there's a specific tenant in mind. (Shopper's?)
I'm like 90% sure it's a shoppers

Makes sense. Condos right next to a rapidly growing university that is increasingly looking to international students to fund it's operations means plenty of demand for rentals for the foreseeable future.

If I had the cash to buy an investment unit, I would also be seriously considering the University District.

Makes sense. Condos right next to a rapidly growing university that is increasingly looking to international students to fund it's operations means plenty of demand for rentals for the foreseeable future.

If I had the cash to buy an investment unit, I would also be seriously considering the University District.
In the Current market there seems to be a lot of real estate investment capital flight from the GTA and I’m noticing a pick up in condo presales that are not necessarily local but speculative investment from more expensive Canadian cities that are seemingly bullish on our future. Seem to be asking where the Calgary buyers are as they are replaced with GTA investors

Back