• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Sad news from the designers of CIBC Square: Chris Wilkinson, of Wilkinson Eyre passed away last week.RIP.

RIP to him.

His mark will forever be here in this great city.

RIP to him.

His mark will forever be here in this great city.
…if a little indirectly. Not to be anti-sentimental, but to be clear, the design of CIBC SQUARE was led by Dominic Bettison, a Director at WilkinsonEyre. Bettison is also responsible for the design of the Eaton Centre bridge over Queen Street.

…if a little indirectly. Not to be anti-sentimental, but to be clear, the design of CIBC SQUARE was led by Dominic Bettison, a Director at WilkinsonEyre. Bettison is also responsible for the design of the Eaton Centre bridge over Queen Street.

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't realize this. I just assumed because of the name and the previous post he was involved in the design.

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't realize this. I just assumed because of the name and the previous post he was involved in the design.
Sure thing. Certainly Chris Wilkinson and Jim Eyre created an architectural firm with a particular vision, hired a talented team of designers to expand the business, and have an enviable portfolio of projects from over the years. So yes, without Chris Wilkinson this building would not have happened the way it did, and may he rest in peace, while project leads get their due! It's all good.

Close up spot where the logo will go from Union.
D045B7DF-0B3F-4FDD-AEBB-4A814F8E8972.jpeg

They should make the railings on the exterior staircase RED, as they seem to be now in the construction stage. Why can't we have colour in this city? Grey, brown, green, blue and black seem to be the only choice of our architects. Ryerson University's Daphne Cockwell Health Sciences Complex on Church St at Dundas St boldly uses yellow.

Do you guys think amber lights would have been more Prominent on the diamonds? i think the white light from the offices is overpowering lilights on the diamonds.

Do you guys think amber lights would have been more Prominent on the diamonds? i think the white light from the offices is overpowering lilights on the diamonds.
The office lights will kind of ruin any external lighting. But with all the new office towers having floor to ceiling windows, it’s sort of unavoidable

Back