The last major pour was Nov 22 for reference.

I know Christmas and new years are mixed in here but we're once again looking at well over a month for a single level. Still a snails pace generally speaking but a little bit faster than it has been.

I know Christmas and new years are mixed in here but we're once again looking at well over a month for a single level. Still a snails pace generally speaking but a little bit faster than it has been.
That was when they poured the floor. It was on October 23rd when they poured the 5th level walls so it's more like two months (and counting).

Not still not yet past the complicated parts. After floor 7 or something that is should pick up much faster.

EB70E192-FBE9-413D-BDC3-F6E40D086330.jpeg
C8FD7A29-DB2D-4672-ABEA-020A1E271205.jpeg
6AD92DB8-2A5C-4D0E-9275-880ECFC04393.jpeg
6DE88234-115C-4C6F-A842-545F8B0ED745.jpeg
6DE88234-115C-4C6F-A842-545F8B0ED745.jpeg
C27977F3-C013-4D3B-9373-EB18EB0273BC.jpeg

I assume the reduced column design also adds value to the residential levels too and isn't entirely for/benefiting the retail?

I was referring to the interior columns (smaller I-beams you can see in some pictures) which got all the load-transfer steelwork so the interior of the retail floorspace could remain column-free. If those interior columns continued straight down (making non-standard floors more standard), they'd likely be 10 to 20 floors further up.

Last edited:
Today, when I saw The One thread bumped up to the top, I was hoping to see photos taken from Mr. Benito's usual perch showing a 338 meter gift wrapped edifice with prominent bow being slowly unwrapped by construction crews revealing hints of a topped out tower. With a large message pasted on the side, "Best wishes for the Holidays, UT - Mizrahi!"

...I guess that's for not. But either way, Seasons Greetings everyone! And I hope it's joyous Holiday for all! /bows

Is this at a slight angle to the rest of the block/sidewalk or is the pic a bit distorted? It's not parallel to H&M.
Photo was taken from 19th floor at 2 Bloor St West directly across the street, the sidewalk hoarding makes it look distorted, there is no slight angle to the rest of the block.

Last edited:

Back