Jul 4, 2021

A7D3BAEC-9749-4FBA-A988-A6AB540C3467_1_201_a.jpeg

3F69663F-09A5-4AD6-93CD-B3232310C0F9_1_201_a.jpeg

6FD468F9-5379-4378-B994-432DAC4BBE40_1_201_a.jpeg

19479A92-9914-453A-8903-E7CABD48681B_1_201_a.jpeg

39DB5973-976D-49C5-94C8-2A2D9BD1C0EF_1_201_a.jpeg

I like it personally
Compared to what was there before? I personally don't like when you can see what's cooking inside the building it looks messy and cluttered as seen in the top photos up above. They should at least use real dark glazed windows to cover it all up from the outside.

Compared to what was there before? I personally don't like when you can see what's cooking inside the building it looks messy and cluttered as seen in the top photo up above. They should at least use real dark glazed windows to cover it all up from the outside.
Sure, so it's ugly to you. But I don't think windows that allow visibility into a building is a generally accepted sign of a bad podium. Personally, I think it adds interest in this case as opposed to a massive blue wall of glass. It looks like relatively high quality materials as well. I don't know why but kid of gives me 11 times square building vibes.

Sure, so it's ugly to you. But I don't think windows that allow visibility into a building is a generally accepted sign of a bad podium. Personally, I think it adds interest in this case as opposed to a massive blue wall of glass. It looks like relatively high quality materials as well. I don't know why but kid of gives me 11 times square building vibes.
Sorry to say I liked the all glass facades from the past! They're were dark enough to cover the clutter inside and they came in all kinds of colours. Creating a visual impact to the city core. Now most of them have that clear blue green energy efficient look that degrades the look of the city in my opinion.

To note, the "podium" is the original office building (still in use) that the current residential portion was plopped onto.
I know that lol ! What I'm disappointed about is the old facade's nicely detailed vertical concrete beams that were dismantled and not put back. Or at least recreated in the same theme out of metal in a cream colour etc . But I don't mind the tower portion of this development that has slightly darker glazed windows etc. That would have complimented the old facade. Like what they are doing a the 1 Saint Clair West development in Midtown keeping that facade and building on top.

Back