News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

So why hasn't the thread title changed?
It's an early works contract. The design continues for the main contract.

Though honestly, simply calling it "Scarborough Subway Extension" or something else succinct would be preferable in my mind. I'm not sure why we need to identify what city it's in, and the status.

It's an early works contract. The design continues for the main contract.

Though honestly, simply calling it "Scarborough Subway Extension" or something else succinct would be preferable in my mind. I'm not sure why we need to identify what city it's in, and the status.
Should include "Line 2 extension to Sheppard Avenue East and McCowan Road". Line 2 was extended into Scarborough back in May 11, 1968, to Victoria Park Station and Warden Station, and was extended further into Scarborough to Kennedy Station on November 21, 1980.

Last edited:
Should include "Line 2 extension to Sheppard Avenue East and McCowan Road". Line 2 was extended into Scarborough back in May 11, 1968, to Victoria Park Station and Warden Station, and was extended further into Scarborough to Kennedy Station on November 21, 1980.
Why not "Line 2 Extension to Sheppard East". Why do we need all the bloat in subject lines?

I'm not 100% sure this goes here; but I think so..............

Someone has registered to lobby, in opposition to being expropriated by Metrolinx. The property in question is next to McCowan and Nugget (20 Nugget) which is immediately north of
the SSE construction site (shaft for tunnel boring machine)

I'm not sure why they need additional property further north, but I can't see any other logical project there offhand.

Details for Subject Matter Registration: SM32753​

Decision(s) or issue(s) to be lobbied

I am the owner of 20 Nugget Ave in Scarborough. I am advocating to prevent the expropriation of my building and land. I would like to come up with a amicable solution which would be beneficial to both myself and metrolinx.

Streetview of property:

1640989016963.png

Aerial:

1640989045144.png

Apologies to the current owner, but I have the immediate thought that this might serve as an opportunity to take Highland Creek out its concrete ditch here, though it seems unlikely that that is why Mx is looking at it.

Last edited:
I'm not 100% sure this goes here; but I think so..............

Someone has registered to lobby, in opposition to be expropriated by Metrolinx. The property in question is next to McCowan and Nugget (20 Nugget) which is immediately north of
the SSE construction site (shaft for tunnel boring machine)

I'm not sure why they need additional property further north, but I can't see any other logical project there offhand.

Details for Subject Matter Registration: SM32753​

Decision(s) or issue(s) to be lobbied

I am the owner of 20 Nugget Ave in Scarborough. I am advocating to prevent the expropriation of my building and land. I would like to come up with a amicable solution which would be beneficial to both myself and metrolinx.

Streetview of property:

View attachment 372453

Aerial:

View attachment 372454

Apologies to the current owner, but I have the immediate thought that this might serve as an opportunity to take Highland Creek out its concrete ditch here, though it seems unlikely that that is why Mx is looking at it.
20 Nugget Ave is the proposed PPUDO site.
SSE PPDO.jpg

https://www.metrolinx.com/en/aboutus/publications/environmental_assessment.aspx#scarborough-subway
https://www.metrolinx.com/en/greaterregion/projects/docs/scarborough-subway-extension/02-SSE-EPR Addendum - Appendix A.pdf

Last edited:

Thanks!

It hadn't even registered with me that they would be building that far north of Sheppard.

I usually look these things up.

Hmmm, if Mx is determined to build that, I'm not sure the owner here has much much room to work out something mutually agreeable.............. We shall see.

Last edited:
Isn't a PPDO, the kiss-and-ride, or am I mixing my acronyms?

If it's that far from the station I'd think there's be a lot of room to find a better location. And how big it need be? It would fit in the parking lot.

I must be missing something ...

Isn't a PPDO, the kiss-and-ride, or am I mixing my acronyms?

If it's that far from the station I'd think there's be a lot of room to find a better location. And how big it need be? It would fit in the parking lot.

I must be missing something ...
I think it was misspelled, should be PPUDO. Passenger Pick Up and Drop Off.

I think it was misspelled, should be PPUDO. Passenger Pick Up and Drop Off.

There's also an inidcation on that map for "EEB8," which would likely be the northernmost emergency exit on the line so, yeah, hard to imagine a solution that leaves him with his property, subject to whatever revisions we see in the next iteration of the plans.

Back