These windows were supposed to be bronze/yellow tinted correct? I'm not going crazy
Not only that the trim around the windows are suppose to be in black! Take a look on the previous page and you'll see they're white where the tower begins ! Which I'm not a fan of it will look cheap!

Today

8C099714-E9D8-4FA8-8CF1-C30910D3ABBB.jpeg

BA508D8B-5C5A-401C-B800-FDE22893A169.jpeg

ABBC8F67-EF50-4F25-BEA4-C7007AC86C50.jpeg

...it looks a little more beige? Or is that tricks with the lighting?

Yeah, maybe I'm over thinking it but it looks like the soft gold like you'd see on Royal Bank Plaza on a cloudy day. Even the silver window mullions are very similar looking in these photos...

(Left Source) (Right Source)

4696893008_f50866e9da_b.jpg
window.jpg

Maybe it's also just me holding out hope that Madison Group gets one detail right... I could *maybe* forgive certain woes of this project if they at least committed to the gold and black.

Either way, did it appear gold to you in person? @Rascacielo

Yeah, maybe I'm over thinking it but it looks like the soft gold like you'd see on Royal Bank Plaza on a cloudy day. Even the silver window mullions are very similar looking in these photos...

(Left Source) (Right Source)

4696893008_f50866e9da_b.jpg
View attachment 371680

Maybe it's also just me holding out hope that Madison Group gets one detail right... I could *maybe* forgive certain woes of this project if they at least committed to the gold and black.

Either way, did it appear gold to you in person? @Rascacielo
To my understanding, the windows in RBP use actual gold in their glass. And either way, it's pretty strikingly obvious they are gold in tint no matter at what angle or day.

Where as Nobu, it only appears slightly visible at certain angles and/or certain light...I dare say gold? So it maybe a detail they kept but at the barest minimum.

To my understanding, the windows in RBP use actual gold in their glass. And either way, it's pretty strikingly obvious they are gold in tint no matter at what angle or day.

Where as Nobu, it only appears slightly visible at certain angles and/or certain light...I dare say gold? So it maybe a detail they kept but at the barest minimum.

To address a few of your points:

I'm fully aware of the different glass types between the two, I'm just curious as to if the newly installed panels are in fact gold in hue, using the gold on Royal Bank Plaza as a photo reference. (I was comparing the pale gold highlights on RBP, as that is the part reflecting only the blank grey sky, as with the Nobu picture.)

Nobu is definitely not getting the Pilkington Eclipse Gold that was specified (also not real gold) as it's too shiny to be that product (it'd appear a darker shade of gold and more transparent, if at least based on the few photos posted). I'd be curious that if there is golden glass being used, who the new supplier is.

I haven't seen this glass in person, but I'd also have doubts that it's gold from only certain angles as you describe, as from what I'm aware that'd be a hard effect to achieve without the final window product looking mildly yellow from all angles. Either that or being as expensive as just plain gold panels.

Last edited:
So the awful cheap cladding in the back of the building in an alley that "nobody will see" turns out to be the foreshadowing for the whole building after all 😂😂😂

Is there a disappointment of the year award? Between this and Concord Sky Im not sure what to pick

The windows on the lower podium (below the overhang) are definitely not gold-tinted (in the figurative, not literal sense). Above the overhang, it's hard to say, as they're only installed on one level. They do look goldenish in my close-up picture, but even I can't remember if that's just a light effect.

To address a few of your points:

I'm fully aware of the different glass types between the two, I'm just curious as to if the newly installed panels are in fact gold in hue, using the gold on Royal Bank Plaza as a photo reference. (I was comparing the pale gold highlights on RBP, as that is the part reflecting only the blank grey sky, as with the Nobu picture.)

Nobu is definitely not getting the Pilkington Eclipse Gold that was specified (also not real gold) as it's too shiny to be that product (it'd appear a darker shade of gold and more transparent, if at least based on the few photos posted). I'd be curious that if there is golden glass being used, who the new supplier is.

I haven't seen this glass in person, but I'd also have doubts that it's gold from only certain angles as you describe, as from what I'm aware that'd be a hard effect to achieve without the final window product looking mildly yellow from all angles. Either that or being as expensive as just plain gold panels.
I do want to say I hope I wasn't being rude in my reply. And if I was, my apologies...

...it's just hard keeping my increasing revulsion for this project from creeping into my comments at times. >.<

But I do agree with you. And for what that's worth.

Last edited:
I do want to say I hope i wasn't being rude in my reply. And if I was, my apologies...

...it's just hard keeping my increasing revulsion for this project from creeping into my comments at times. >.<

But I do agree with you. And for what that's worth.

Don't worry I didn't read it that way, I hope I don't come across as rude either. I generally don't write tone into my posts most of the time, but I do want people do know I'm rather happy optimistic person behind the screen, so there's no hard feelings with anything I post really.

Also I don't blame you for your anger towards this project, as it has been disappointing left and right from what was promised. I genuinely felt a bit ill seeing that grey window wall in place of gold one.

I'm just keeping a sliver of hope that there will be something leftover from the original design.

I have no ideal what the hell is going on here tbh. Whatever it is, it's not gold.
They do seem to be using some sorta tinted glass or something. But one that isn't very obvious and kinda hard to tell. /sigh

Back