News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

The launch shaft is also the shaft where all the excavated material must be removed. That means it really can’t be repurposed toother things eg station construction until after tunnelling has been completed. I imagine the schedule would be affected.

- Paul

The launch shaft is also the shaft where all the excavated material must be removed. That means it really can’t be repurposed toother things eg station construction until after tunnelling has been completed. I imagine the schedule would be affected.

- Paul
It's not uncommon for tunnel boring shafts to be used as stations. I haven't gotten around looking for docs related to this. But all of this is speculation until someone does some digging.
The Crosstown itself started construction on the stations after tunnel boring was finished.

- Paul
The launch shaft actually isn't big enough to support a station box for Sheppard East station.

Since the stations contract hasn't been awarded yet, and quite honestly, I'm not even sure if the full station design is complete yet, anything is really possible. It will be used for something, whether it's a station access building, a concourse, a bus terminal, or tail tracks, it will be used for something, we just don't know what exactly just yet.

The launch shaft actually isn't big enough to support a station box for Sheppard East station.

Since the stations contract hasn't been awarded yet, and quite honestly, I'm not even sure if the full station design is complete yet, anything is really possible. It will be used for something, whether it's a station access building, a concourse, a bus terminal, or tail tracks, it will be used for something, we just don't know what exactly just yet.
The Cedarvale Station (Line 5) had an extraction shaft and insertion shaft on both sides of Eglinton West Station.

The shafts could be only parts of the whole station box.

Rob Ford is smiling right now, pointing an laughing at city hall for their "glorified streetcar" idea, instead of the SUPERIOR subway option.

He won...
Uz7hNE6J_LMSBPE8BKSE_emH8kfAQ7IZywFm-g-GkYI.jpg

Rob Ford is smiling right now, pointing an laughing at city hall for their "glorified streetcar" idea, instead of the SUPERIOR subway option.

He won...
View attachment 375815

He's dead, and dead men don't pay dues. I guess in the end it is the city (aka homeowners) that are the true winners fiscally speaking, since the province ended picking up the entire tab. Who's really laughing now?

AoD

Last edited:
What will happen to "Line 3" ? And by that I mean the name Line 3. Will it be reassigned to the Ontario or some other line or will it just disappear from TTC use?

He's dead, and dead men don't pay dues. I guess in the end it is the city (aka homeowners) that are the true winners fiscally speaking, since the province ended picking up the entire tab. Who's really laughing now?

AoD

Don't think for a moment that the Province is taxing Sudbury or Sault Ste Marie to fund the tab for this. It's Torontonians' money, just routed through different pockets and channels because nobody likes paying taxes, even for something they demand. These funding charades are political theatre, because the voters are fickle.

- Paul

Back