Thanks for the heads-up. We'll miss you. Assuming this is a vacation, enjoy your time away!

His hard drive is probably full from all the photos he's taken here and needs some time to make room! :)

His hard drive is probably full from all the photos he's taken here and needs some time to make room! :)
That sounds about right.

I know that Google keeps asking me to upgrade my storage capacity (all my shots are on my phone) and I have to delete old building photos to avoid it. Where do I apply for my UT stipend? I think they want $3.49 a month ;)

That sounds about right.

I know that Google keeps asking me to upgrade my storage capacity (all my shots are on my phone) and I have to delete old building photos to avoid it. Where do I apply for my UT stipend? I think they want $3.49 a month ;)
You can get half your space back by cutting the resolution of your existing photos in half.

Today. Last photos from me for the next several weeks.
...should have Mr. 42 come over and check on your apartment every week, so he can take photos of the progress in your stead. <3

In all seriousness though, I suspect it's a very much needed several weeks! I hope it's a joyous and good one! Thank you for all your engaging pics so far! /bows
-----

It also appears they've re-prepped the column of fiery content for the next pour if I am reading that right. 😺

...should have Mr. 42 come over and check on your apartment every week, so he can take photos of the progress in your stead. <3

In all seriousness though, I suspect it's a very much needed several weeks! I hope it's a joyous and good one! Thank you for all your engaging pics so far! /bows
-----

It also appears they've re-prepped the column of fiery content for the next pour if I am reading that right. 😺
Just leave your keys with the concierge, @Benito.

PS Anything good in the fridge?

Benito, love your contributions, there's got to be a way we can get a webcam setup on your balcony. :)
Who says there isn’t a time lapse camera on my balcony already 😝
Thanks for the heads-up. We'll miss you. Assuming this is a vacation, enjoy your time away!
Yes vacation down south, we’ll try to enjoy some heat.
No the SSD isn’t near full, yet.
Will greatly miss the photos of the next big pour ( that is, if this actually happens before your return!)
I’ll have to watch the pour from photos others post here.

-----

The breaks is overdue, the pandemic has made the practice of medicine much more stressful than it used to be, that and aging.
Just leave your keys with the concierge, @Benito.

PS Anything good in the fridge?
Lots of fine wine in the cellar actually. But they’re in there to age. Someone mentioned jam, which I do make. The jar I accidentally posted in the summer was my 1 year old home made miso. There’s also my sourdough starter in fridge which has had its hydration lowered and placed in its small jar with even more whole rye flour around it so it can survive the vacation without dying 🤞

Who says there isn’t a time lapse camera on my balcony already 😝

Yes vacation down south, we’ll try to enjoy some heat.

No the SSD isn’t near full, yet.

I’ll have to watch the pour from photos others post here.

The breaks is overdue, the pandemic has made the practice of medicine much more stressful than it used to be, that and aging.

Lots of fine wine in the cellar actually. But they’re in there to age. Someone mentioned jam, which I do make. The jar I accidentally posted in the summer was my 1 year old home made miso. There’s also my sourdough starter in fridge which has had its hydration lowered and placed in it’s small jar with even more whole rye flour around it so it can survive the vacation without dying 🤞

Photographer, medical worker, jammer - Benito does it all 😍

There is a very small percentage of wines that benefit from long term aging. The vast majority are made to be consumed within a relatively short timeframe (5 years or so).
That's dependent on the style of the wine though. A Beaujolais Nouveau is meant to be drunk new. A Chateauneuf-du-Pape is meant to be aged in the bottle (around 10 years for best results).

Distinguishing wines that do well with age vs those that don't isn't the same as saying "Bottle-aging generally does nothing to enhance a wine" or "The best one can hope for is that it survives storage until it is drunk."

Back