Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
6167 YONGE ST
Ward 18: Willowdale

Development Applications

Project description:
Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendment to facilitate the redevelopment of the site for two 14-storey mixed-use buildings having a combined non-residential gross floor area of 998 square metres, and a residential gross floor area of 37,812 square metres. A total of 549 residential dwelling units are proposed.

This site consists of 6167 Yonge St - a Mazda dealership, 10 Newton Dr - a detached single-family house, & 9 Madawaska Ave - a two-storey commercial building.

bbf567233bf29b33a0fce07280761534.jpg

539cd7ac1305ce4ebba73412bb61113d.jpg

1786c9956a60a0329616a7980e7c9ca1.jpg

They also own the land to the south, across Newton Drive, that the car dealership uses as new car storage and parking lot. City lane way goes through the middle. About half the size of this lot assembly. No structure on the land so City Interactive Map doesn’t show address number,.... I’ll just refer to them as 6127-6165 Yonge and 9 Newton Drive,... likely in play soon.

Noooo! My Mazda dealership 😭

I guess the only Mazda dealership left in TO after this will be Gyro in Leaside.

Because I'm always here to help; your alternative Mazda locations:
It's actually surprisingly far to the next-nearest Mazda dealership!
But car dealerships are moving a bit to that urban showroom model so no reason Mazda couldn't take some ground floor retail in the new towers.

Sounds like we've got a few Mazda fans around here. Scarboro is my go-to, I can say I've liked their service over the years. That said, I agree that dealerships are usually a poor land use so the redevelopment is welcome.

Sounds like we've got a few Mazda fans around here. Scarboro is my go-to, I can say I've liked their service over the years. That said, I agree that dealerships are usually a poor land use so the redevelopment is welcome.
It’s not Ontario’s #1 Mazda dealership for no reason ;-)

That said, I’m just playing. It’ll be good to see it redeveloped. Scarborough will be my new go to I guess. It’s too bad they don’t have a downtown dealership as that would be most convenient for me. Bring on the new housing!

Wasn't a fan of the service at Mazda of Toronto the first (and only) time I went there for service. The only other Mazda dealership I went to for service was in North Vancouver.

It's actually surprisingly far to the next-nearest Mazda dealership!
But car dealerships are moving a bit to that urban showroom model so no reason Mazda couldn't take some ground floor retail in the new towers.
Try looking for a Mitsubishi dealership *tears*

Wasn't a fan of the service at Mazda of Toronto the first (and only) time I went there for service. The only other Mazda dealership I went to for service was in North Vancouver.
That's a long way to drive for another dealership. Surely there's one in Thunder Bay or something if you're not happy with the local ones.

Last edited:
That's a long way to drive for another dealership. Surely there's one in Thunder Bay or something if you're not happy with the local ones.

Might have been a few between TO and North Van. I just happened to be living out there at the time.

They also own the land to the south, across Newton Drive, that the car dealership uses as new car storage and parking lot. City lane way goes through the middle. About half the size of this lot assembly. No structure on the land so City Interactive Map doesn’t show address number,.... I’ll just refer to them as 6127-6165 Yonge and 9 Newton Drive,... likely in play soon.
There was a drill rig on this site the other day. One to keep an eye on.

Not 100% sure,... but I suspect the owner here is still Hugh Sisley,... of Sisley Honda dealership - which used to be located here,... and then Sisley Honda moved to their 88 Steeles West location about 20 years ago!
- On November 10, 2021 Hugh Sisley officially submitted redevelopment application of that 88 Steeles West site - done by WZMH Architects,.....

Hmmm,... is Hugh Sisley is still owner of this site,... is WZMH Architects involved here???

This 6167 Yonge lot seems to be around 250 feet of Yonge frontage and 175'-200' deep - for 2 14-storey towers

See Image below:
- Green - Their new car storage/parking area south of Newton Dr seems to be about 125' Yonge frontage and 180' deep - Since YIMBY519 spotted a drill rig here (likely 4 months from an officially submission),... the question is how far south does this lot assembly go?
- Blue - currently just 1-storey plaza with Popeye Chickens and Khorak (Persian) supermarket - super long at 300' Yonge frontage and 165' deep,..
- Purple - 50' frontage on Centre St and 300' super deep lot

- Red - shows already submitted Development Application and their Official Submission date

Sorbara 6150 Yonge 13-storey, 5.83FSI, 546units - Oct 31, 2019
A1 6080 Yonge 14-storey, 5.99FSI, 259units - June 19, 2020
CenterPoint Mall 6464 Yonge St, 22 towers of 4-50-storey, 4.57FSI, 8,324 units - Dec 9, 2021
Ferrow 6200 Yonge 25-storey, 7.0FSI, 347units - Dec 31, 2021
6167 Yonge, 14 & 14-storey, 549units - Jan 27, 2022

Also notice, many Development Application were Official Submitted very recently here,... why? This area of Yonge Street North is subject to the new Inclusionary Zoning Policy starting this September,.... so now the race is on!!!
NorthYongeLotsLabel.png

Back