News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Beechborough, which is Castlefield west of Strathnairn has many speed bumps. I guess it was easier to route it via Kincourt and Ingram then have to wrangle with the city over removing them.
Good thing I was in North Vancouver last year to figure out that buses can indeed run in residential areas and routes with traffic calming. This route goes over six speed bumps without the world falling apart.

The TTC will make an excuse for everything.
1643953521708.png

Good thing I was in North Vancouver last year to figure out that buses can indeed run in residential areas and routes with traffic calming. This route goes over six speed bumps without the world falling apart.

The TTC will make an excuse for everything.
View attachment 378566
I have rode a TTC bus that went over a speed bump before during a detour on a subway shuttle bus. The bus didn't break down.

I guess too many bumps and things would start to fall apart.

Remind me why Ionview and Hakimi Lebovic exist again?
Cause they never planned for a parallel bus service until last year. People would have a long walk when the 34 iswas going to be removed.

They might as well bypass Aga Khan Park & Museum and Pharmacy too now.

Cause they never planned for a parallel bus service until last year. People would have a long walk when the 34 iswas going to be removed.

Pharmacy is fine since its a major parallel bus corridor with a major bus route. Aga Khan though...

I'm curious if they plan to turn back some service at Science Centre Station. I remember reading somewhere they wanted headways around 15 minutes during peaks on the new 34, so it is possible they may have service be half-hourly east of Science Centre.

Last edited:
The 97 YONGE bus at Lawrence Avenue (Lawrence Station), Monday-Friday. From link.

• 97B Yonge to Queens Quay via Yonge Blvd
  • 97F Yonge to Davisville Station via Yonge Blvd
1644004948194.png

Providing service between the w-i-d-e stations on Line 1 between Eglinton Station and Sheppard Station. Pitiful.

Could we expect to see the same with the 34 EGLINTON when Line 5 opens?

Reactions: PL1
The 97 YONGE bus at Lawrence Avenue (Lawrence Station), Monday-Friday. From link.

• 97B Yonge to Queens Quay via Yonge Blvd
  • 97F Yonge to Davisville Station via Yonge Blvd
View attachment 378639
Providing service between the w-i-d-e stations on Line 1 between Eglinton Station and Sheppard Station. Pitiful.

Could we expect to see the same with the 34 EGLINTON when Line 5 opens?
Look at the ridership numbers first if to see if service can be reduce. From my experience of riding the 97, it is pitiful for service as well ridership to the point I been the only one on it and never seen more than 10 on it. Ridership maybe higher with better service, but these days lack of funds is stopping it..

One only has to look at Sheppard headway for the subway section to see Eglinton is going to get better headway than it.

I am expecting to see 15-20 minute headway for Hurontario bus service once the LRT is in service. No need to see the bus south of the Queensway as ridership is non existing and will be a waste of money.

There are 3 bus routes on MiWay's Hurontario, 2, 17, and 103. 10 minutes average headway. I'll expect the ridership to go up with the LRT.

Same with the Eglinton Crosstown LRT. Expect the ridership to climb when it opens. The 34 Eglinton bus will be way less.

Lastest Line 5 routing updates...

From link.

View attachment 378438
So those of us healthcare workers coming from Danforth via perhaps line 2 and the (current) 56 will have to take the 51 to Laird, Line 5 one stop, and 11 to Sunnybrook. Extra transfer no matter what. I suggested running some routes as 56 Sunnybrook buses. I guess there are too few of us. 🙄

Last edited:

Back