News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I'm sure they would rebel no different then the restaurants on king west. But like we've seen on king west it was good for the city as a whole to ignore the small angry mob. As someone who lives on Eglinton and has access to the stores I would be fully ok with no more parking and instead wider sidewalks and bike lanes. People can park on the side streets and walk to Eglinton. It really isn't that difficult.
But again, King West, like every other ROW has neglected bike lanes. In fact, when I cycle along King West it feels more dangerous, as there's little space between the planters and the streetcars.

But again, King West, like every other ROW has neglected bike lanes. In fact, when I cycle along King West it feels more dangerous, as there's little space between the planters and the streetcars.
I just meant the businesses survived. I don't believe in on street parking on major streets. And I do believe in bike lanes on major streets. What's a major street? Queen, King, college, Dundas, bloor, st clair, Eglinton west. And please widen the sidewalks as well.

LOL.. Earlier this summer I was riding along King with a friend near Jarvis, one of those planters forced me onto the tracks. There was a water main break that hadn’t been attended to. My front wheel slipped on the track causing the bike to oversteer. This sent me summer saluting through the air.

I landed on my chest and slid down the wet asphalt as if it were a slip and slide. Water hitting me in the face.

It was all kinda amusing since I didn’t get hurt... and since it was fresh clean water... and since the road was recently resurfaced... and since it was a clean neighbourhood. Had any of those facts been different, eek.

I work a block from there, and that wide sidewalk feels like such a wasted space. I was wondering what happened to the Bike Rack, and noticed it moved to the north side next to the TD.

Your NIMBYs working to put it NOT in their neighbourhood.

After the St. Clair Avenue West Area Transportation Master Plan (see link) has been implemented and completed, what after?

Based on the evaluation completed, the following improvements were recommended:

• Widen St. Clair Avenue West;
  • Extension of Gunns Road from Weston Road to Union Street;
  • Extension of Keele Street south of Gunns Road extension; and
  • Extension of Davenport Road from Old Weston Road to improved Union Street.
All recommended improvements will accommodate multiple modes of transportation, including pedestrians and cyclists.

Bus routes have been adjusted, such as the new189 STOCKYARDS bus route. But what about after?

Couldn't the 512 ST. CLAIR streetcar be extended west, replacing the 189 STOCKYARDS bus in the process?

Couldn't the 512 ST. CLAIR streetcar be UPGRADED to become a new light rail rapid transit line? HOW?

1. Replace the single-point track switches with double-point tracks? Similar to the double-point track switches used by the heavy rail lines in existance and light rail lines being constructed? Currently, the streetcar operators have to "stop" at each single-point switch. This would increase the speeds.

2. Remove the closely spaced stops, where they can be serviced by another stop or station further apart. This would increase the speeds of the vehicles.

3. Implement "REAL" transit priority signals. Currently, we have left turn priority being given to single-occupant motor vehicles instead of the 100+ on board the streetcars. With real transit priority, streetcars leaving a stop would be able to activate their traffic signals ahead of time as they approach the next stop.

4. Outside cameras to record violations by motorists who disobey the rules of the road that involve the traffic signals or streetcars.

Realignment of St. Clair Avenue West near Old Weston Road: In addition to widening of St. Clair Avenue West between Keele Street / Weston Road and Old Weston Road, it was determined that the alignment of St. Clair Avenue West would be improved east of Old Weston Road and transition back to the existing alignment near Osler Street. The realignment of St. Clair Avenue West in this section improves the geometric alignment and reduces the likelihood of bottlenecks occurring at the St. Clair / Old Weston intersection.

From link.

1599081374211.png

1599081454026.png

1599081489342.png

Anyone know of any update about the extension of the St Clair Streetcar to Jane?? I don't see any mention of it on Metrolinx website.
The Report you refer to was in 2020, I doubt many of us will be alive by the time the St Clair streetcar reaches Jane - it's not a crazy idea but there are many others much further along the way with far greater value. It was originally suggested during Transit City (2008ish) where it would link to the Jane LRT. (See https://stevemunro.ca/jane-lrt-documents/ )

Back