News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I understand what you mean, I still think this is the main reason why people wouldn't take the train to go somewhere other than downtown. Stops aren't ideally located either, and frequency is just not reliable for most people. We'll need a lot more investment if we want to see something remotely close to GO.
Probably - but if it's the (much simpler than Toronto) pass that's the issue, upgrading Opus to be a cash card like Oyster or Presto, rather than having to buy media in advance, and then doing all the reconciliation in the back office would solve all that.

Though presumably that would also be done as part of open payment. What's the timeline in Montreal for open payment?

I can't be mad at them because the points they've made about line B aren't wrong. But the CAQ is itching to destroy them and this report will likely lead to that.
Basically said in here.

Probably - but if it's the (much simpler than Toronto) pass that's the issue, upgrading Opus to be a cash card like Oyster or Presto, rather than having to buy media in advance, and then doing all the reconciliation in the back office would solve all that.

Though presumably that would also be done as part of open payment. What's the timeline in Montreal for open payment?
None, project was cancelled by the ARTM.

There's only a pilot project to be able to buy tickets on your phone. Nothing more for now.

None, project was cancelled by the ARTM.
Good grief ... and people complain about Presto ...

They could at least improve the ticket vending machines in stations. Just before Covid I was at Bonaventure, and there was a long line of people trying to buy a ticket to ride. The process seemed overly complex, with lots of button pressing and PINs, etc. Why not just have machines in station that you tap your credit card against and spit out a ticket.

Or put a couple of toonies in and spit out a ticket (who cares about the change)

There's only a pilot project to be able to buy tickets on your phone. Nothing more for now.
Nothing expected before 2024.
Good grief ... and people complain about Presto ...

They could at least improve the ticket vending machines in stations. Just before Covid I was at Bonaventure, and there was a long line of people trying to buy a ticket to ride. The process seemed overly complex, with lots of button pressing and PINs, etc. Why not just have machines in station that you tap your credit card against and spit out a ticket.

Or put a couple of toonies in and spit out a ticket (who cares about the change)
ARTM again. There were may projects planned by the STM that were cancelled by the ARTM. Your idea being one. I will be glad when that organization dies.

ARTM again. There were may projects planned by the STM that were cancelled by the ARTM. Your idea being one. I will be glad when that organization dies.
Gosh, sounds like the provincial take over of metro expansion all over again - which has resulted in no new stations in the MUC since the 1980s.

Time to bring back Drapeau?

LOL. What would that change? It's not a city issue, it's a provincial issue.

How has that worked over the last 40 years?
Hence why I prefer the CDPQi to manage projects?

Anyways, the province will provide the extra money to the city of Montréal.

La Presse is good to start drama with the REM. There's no such pushback for the blue line because it's "public" even if its business plan is still not done.

Hence why I prefer the CDPQi to manage projects?

Anyways, the province will provide the extra money to the city of Montréal.

La Presse is good to start drama with the REM. There's no such pushback for the blue line because it's "public" even if its business plan is still not done.
The government won't let it go to waste. It's a personal issue for minister Rouleau. Bourget is also one of the most hotly contested riding in this coming election.

They cornered mayor Plante and they're winning.

Back