Technically 30 minute frequencies but depending on which station youre at you could see 10 minute frequency to union off-peak (oakville)
if youre at aldershot youre getting 3 trains per hour off-peak
View attachment 380759
Yes but the context here is Exhibition which will see trains every 12 minutes (although, this is the first time I'm seeing the super express between Union and Burlington? Where did that come from?)

1645138206418.png

I hope Metrolinx actually does the hourly express service on Lakeshore, but that service diagram was an early draft of the service plan which is always evolving.

It only shows hourly service to Hamilton for example, and there has been noise that Metrolinx is already planning on implementing 30 minute service to West Harbour in the very near future.

A super express service out to the Niagara Peninsula would be great though, especially if it could provide sub-1 hour travel times to Hamilton.

Very nice. Lots of talent. I'd like to see some retro angular vibes. Effectively a modified Lotus Esprit / early BART front end, and perhaps a tight floorplate and roof that tapers outwards toward the centre of the side giving a hexagonal profile.
Thanks! I actually have an idea that can be similar to that. It was inspired by the Aga Khan Museum. Haven’t drawn up a finalized version though.

It is only a 10 minute walk from River City to the future stop at King and Parliament Streets, and the 504 is accessible as well. Plus, there's a bus route from River City through the Canary District to Union Station.
And a five-minute walk for us River Citylians east to East Harbour through Corktown Common and a coming pedestrian bridge.

At the Toronto Preservation Board today, the Chair proposed and the Board agreed that Metrolinx be summoned to one of their next meetings to discuss the Queen Station and why they have not, so far anyway, taken up the offer to put it below building on SW corner of Queen/University and NOT destroy the Osgood Hall ‘gardens’. See: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2022.PB31.6

At the Toronto Preservation Board today, the Chair proposed and the Board agreed that Metrolinx be summoned to one of their next meetings to discuss the Queen Station and why they have not, so far anyway, taken up the offer to put it below building on SW corner of Queen/University and NOT destroy the Osgood Hall ‘gardens’. See: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2022.PB31.6
So they care about Osgoode Hall Gardens' and the fencing, but they have no problem with that old Bank of Canada building on the SW corner being hacked up by a developer? Interesting set of priorities they've got.

So they care about Osgoode Hall Gardens' and the fencing, but they have no problem with that old Bank of Canada building on the SW corner being hacked up by a developer? Interesting set of priorities they've got.
I am sure that many times over the decades for Osgoode Hall, the gardens were dug up and replaced. The trees would have been cut down and replaced, likely one at a time, because of health or storms. Even the fence would have to been removed and replaced, because of rust or collisions.

Well, the Osgood Hall garden and fence are (for Toronto) very old and Metrolinx are proposing a surface station building that will completely change that corner. Adding a station below a (Listed) building as part of a development that is already approved sounds worth looking at, at least.

I am sure that many times over the decades for Osgoode Hall, the gardens were dug up and replaced. The trees would have been cut down and replaced, likely one at a time, because of health or storms. Even the fence would have to been removed and replaced, because of rust or collisions.
Yes, maybe BUT the Metrolinx plan is to REPLACE an open space with a station building. That's VERY different from replacing a garden bed or planting a replacement tree. The fence is, mostly, original and any repairs have been done VERY carefully.

View attachment 381547
New picture of guideway on Overlea Blvd?

That seems like it would create a bit of dark zone/shadow area that isn't overly desirable.

One issue is how low it is to the ground, that's cheaper, but creates more darkness directly underneath.

It also seems excessively wide; though that may be an optical illusion, or a function of the bulkiness of it.

Back