I wish it was changed to "Cancelled" on Sierra's website instead. Having both that cancellation, and one over at Trinity's mess a little further down Bloor would be nice early Christmas gifts.

The Nova Era bakery is now closed and it looks like they may be gearing up for a sales centre here:

20211215_195347.jpg
20211215_195455.jpg

The new rendering is updated in the database! The total unit count decreased from 96 units to 94 units. The overall building storey count remains at 11 storeys. Total building height changed from 38.25m to 38.06m. Lastly, the overall parking remains the same at 43 parking spaces.

The rendering is taken from the architectural plan via Rezoning submission:

PLN - Architectural Plans - FEB 17  2022-2.jpg

Good stuff so they removed the last reminants of colour, typical Toronto developer non-sense. As if it would cost them tens of millions of dollars to go through with those minimal pieces of orange.

Good stuff so they removed the last reminants of colour, typical Toronto developer non-sense. As if it would cost them tens of millions of dollars to go through with those minimal pieces of orange.
It’s not about the cost; it’s so that the building looks as anonymous as possible so as to not offend the sensibilities of potential investors, who don’t give a sh*t about what it looks like as long as it gains value. Unfortunately those who live there and nearby are the ones who have to deal with looking at another grey box day in and day out.

Would it kill people to use some red or yellow brick, at the bare minimum?

From Sierra's IG:

View attachment 419555

Keep developing like this and there won't be any "one-off coffee bars" left!

Would starting a petition to save the historic buildings and incorporate them in the design going to make any difference at thi stage?

Can we put a moratorium on new grey buildings? So dreary. I imagine the upper portion will have all the charm of a prison when it's complete.

Can we put a moratorium on new grey buildings? So dreary. I imagine the upper portion will have all the charm of a prison when it's complete.
Agreed.

Starting to think maybe the moratorium should be placed on RAW Design... who clearly haven't upgraded to colour monitors in their studio.

Back