Great article on the area. Doomed!

Along with Rick Salutin's work, I enjoy reading Mallick's quirky, humorous stream-of-consciousness editorials more than those of any other Star writer, but I wouldn't put much stock into her opinion here, in terms of being a credible harbinger of doom or anything. It seems to me she's in part expressing a basic anti-highrise outlook. She is generally a Negative Nelly, which is partly why I like her.:) The Star should bring back Christopher Hume to comment on architectural matters, but I suspect he was cut for financial reasons. The Star used to have a thorough condo-building sales-and-construction roundup in the Saturday paper. Pity it exists no longer. Now the Saturday Real Estate section is devoted almost exclusively to single detached houses, which is a rather bizarre direction to take considering Toronto's ongoing condo boom. Likewise, the writers for the Wheels section are dinosaurs who try to ignore the deluge of EVs and sales thereof.

Today.
18E92D69-FDBA-4030-B4CF-A62963AA01D6.jpeg
83464F62-61F4-4880-80E1-19B4DCA830F3.jpeg
962BAC8D-703E-4BE5-A47F-12E13624189B.jpeg
7D58183C-C96B-4195-837A-CC4E7DB09B4C.jpeg
3D16E1C5-E7EC-4590-A2AA-1F7921E84E25.jpeg
50C96812-7217-4B07-9527-28D7FD2D21D0.jpeg
7A240007-505E-481E-A1EE-1BF53A9F747D.jpeg

Forgive my ignorance, but given the city has not confirmed 338.3 m height, why are we?
We aren't confirming it. Heights in every database file are what the developer is going after. Some are approved, some aren't. We are overhauling the database to add more fields and finesse. Not sure when that task will be completed.

We aren't confirming it. Heights in every database file are what the developer is going after. Some are approved, some aren't. We are overhauling the database to add more fields and finesse. Not sure when that task will be completed.

While we’re at it, it’d be nice to see estimated completion dates and links to related forum posts in the database photo gallery; helps give context to the user uploaded photo gallery.

Last edited:

Personally, I'd like to see more specificity with regard to buildings that are not yet under construction. Instead of just labelling everything "Pre-construction", which is a wildly variable descriptor from one project to another, why not include categories like "Not Yet Approved" and "In Sales"?

With so little happening on site, there has to be something going on here. Either there's issues with permits, funding/financing, trades, or materials. Either way, this does not bode well for this development. I can only imagine how over budget they are at this point. The interest costs along per day must be astronomical. I know this is pure speculation, but how can you watch a project like this stall and not suspect something is going on.

With so little happening on site, there has to be something going on here. Either there's issues with permits, funding/financing, trades, or materials. Either way, this does not bode well for this development. I can only imagine how over budget they are at this point. The interest costs along per day must be astronomical. I know this is pure speculation, but how can you watch a project like this stall and not suspect something is going on.
5 days ago this floors forms were just going up and now they are a day or 2 away from pouring?

Agree with jibsta. Seems to be lots happening at the site.

Back