5 days ago this floors forms were just going up and now they are a day or 2 away from pouring?
to be fair most sites will do a slab and columns in about 5 work days.

This is far faster than it has ever been moving, but they poured the last set of columns here over 3 weeks ago. They had a mezzanine level which slowed things down, but it's still not flying.

We'll have to see how long between this slab pour and the next one to really get a sense of speed, as that's the first true "typical" cycle.

Remember that the fire set the whole project back by about a month as well, which makes it feel slower than it actually is.

With so little happening on site, there has to be something going on here. Either there's issues with permits, funding/financing, trades, or materials. Either way, this does not bode well for this development. I can only imagine how over budget they are at this point. The interest costs along per day must be astronomical. I know this is pure speculation, but how can you watch a project like this stall and not suspect something is going on.
If you were the lender what would you do? Would you simply say OK I'm just going to go power of sale and issue SOC to retrieve the property? How would this advance your position being bogged down in legal battles in hopes of recovering a fraction of your investment?
A half built building (in this case 1/12) isn't worth half a fully constructed building.
The lenders knew/know this and are likely eager to see if get completed as are most on this forum.

The next month or so should be really interesting. This is the first floor of hotel rooms. Lower ceiling heights, less complicated walls(?). Although it looks like there are a lot of utilities moving through this slab from the elevator podium. It will be interesting to see how quickly the walls are poured after this slab is completed, and then how long it take before they get the next slab laid out and poured. It will give a good indication of how quickly this will rise.

to be fair most sites will do a slab and columns in about 5 work days.

This is far faster than it has ever been moving, but they poured the last set of columns here over 3 weeks ago. They had a mezzanine level which slowed things down, but it's still not flying.

We'll have to see how long between this slab pour and the next one to really get a sense of speed, as that's the first true "typical" cycle.

Remember that the fire set the whole project back by about a month as well, which makes it feel slower than it actually is.
they had a mezanine level to pour, they also told me we should see a floor every 14 days.

they had a mezanine level to pour, they also told me we should see a floor every 14 days.
That's probably what I expected. given the more complex construction here I don't think a 7-day schedule is reasonable as most projects manage. 10-12 is probably more "typical" for a project like this, and it's not a super fast moving project in the first place, so 14 makes sense.

By the time fall rolls around this will likely be looking *much* larger.

With so little happening on site, there has to be something going on here. Either there's issues with permits, funding/financing, trades, or materials. Either way, this does not bode well for this development. I can only imagine how over budget they are at this point. The interest costs along per day must be astronomical. I know this is pure speculation, but how can you watch a project like this stall and not suspect something is going on.

Don't mean to step on a MOD's toes here, but this subject has been to death and has been told over and over to bring this to another thread. If you have no actual knowledge or substantiated proof of this, please don't speculate and start this topic all over again. We just went through pages and pages of this and there were workers on site every day and progress being made.

Don't mean to step on a MOD's toes here, but this subject has been to death and has been told over and over to bring this to another thread. If you have no actual knowledge or substantiated proof of this, please don't speculate and start this topic all over again. We just went through pages and pages of this and there were workers on site every day and progress being made.
As a side note, I drove down there today to check on on these buildings, and The One was a beehive of activity.

I can't take photo's because I'm driving...lol. I live in Vaughan but I'm such a sky scraper nerd that about once ever two weeks I drive downtown to check things out..lol.

That's impressive but a true skyscraper nerd would park the car and gawk across the street for a good 5 minutes.

Back