From the Tridel livecam:

image1.jpg

The streetscape along Bloor here is horrendous.

These planters jut into the space and two people can not walk side by side. Tear out and re-do time already.

View attachment 385201

I agree, the planters, especially the round ones are not reasonable in their proportion.

I again, as I did in the UT Landmark Landscape thread object to the lighting

It's not illuminating what needs illuminating, it's illuminating the air 4-5M off the ground.

Last edited:
Planters = pedestrian unfriendly/hostile elements where walking space is at a premium as it appears to be demonstrated from the pic above, IMO.

...it's not that I am against plants...no, I love plants. But just imagine if they put those out in the middle of Bloor E. instead and the complaints they get from motorists in trying to get around those. That doesn't mean it's really any better for us with two legs as opposed to 4 wheels who have to navigate around them in a limited given space...so let's not have them at all. Just saying.

Isn’t the main city sidewalk to the right in the picture? In other words the ‘walkway’ in the photo is along the shop windows and not the main walkway. Having said this the round planters may be a tad too wide.

Last edited:
Reactions: rbt
Isn’t the main city sidewalk to the right in the picture? In other words the ‘walkway’ in the photo is along the shop windows and not the main walkway. Having said this the round planters may be a tad too wide.
...to which is shared in part with a dedicated bicycle path.

To be sure though, and since I have an appointment near that area in the coming days, I'll walk by there to see how much my Andy Rooney moment is worth the rant and print over my stated peeve about this.

Edit/Update: I'll also try to figure out where those traffic lights are coming from the same picted...as I don't recall any such along that stretch the last time I was walking by there last month.

Last edited:
Edit/Update: I'll also try to figure out where those traffic lights are coming from the same picted...as I don't recall any such along that stretch the last time I was walking by there last month.
Those are new. A nice reprieve from a long stretch without any, and takes the pressure off the corner at Sherbourne.

Streetview of the corner where they're now installed:

It should also be noted that it's their own property they're eating into. Not sure why anyone *would* do that, but clearly there's still a lot of sidewalk left (even with the bike path).

From streetview:
View attachment 385386
Fair enough. And thanks for the better view. /bows

Back