This jagged pattern with the glass doesn't repeat all the way up though does it ? I thought it was only the first few floors and then a more traditional flat glass until closer to the roof line ?

While I'm not a fan of buildings entirely cladded in glass, I do like how buildings like this and CIBC Square simulate variations in color simply from angles and natural light. It's refreshing, especially since the renders didn't really hint at this. Really excited to see this go up!

I'm around this area quite a bit, and have to say, this building already has a huge imposing feel on the area. Bigger than photos can do justice. Very excited for this project. The bank towers deliver yet again.

It has a bit of a 70s vibe to it.
Like Mr GreenJeans at Eaton Centre.
B821707997Z.1_20140904072137_000_GTR1AJGUJ.2_Gallery.jpg

I'm around this area quite a bit, and have to say, this building already has a huge imposing feel on the area. Bigger than photos can do justice. Very excited for this project. The bank towers deliver yet again.
You're right about that, feels very imposing from Roundhouse Park and it's not even topped out yet. A shot from this past Saturday:

20220319_155220-01.jpeg

You think this one feels imposing, just wait for this one.....😋
😮

So 160 Front will block the view of the Union Centre elevators?
First, it's been determined that rendering has the UC in the wrong place to begin with.

Secondly, that's a pretty dated rendering of UC...as I'm not sure those elevators haven't been value engineered out for something more conventional at this point. So we might not be missing much from that angle in the end anyrates.

And finally, UC will be a lot wider and taller than 160 Front W...completely blocking that building's view from the lake shore instead. Thus, it's will be a bit like complaining about a mouse blocking the view from the elephant behind it, lol...

Last edited:
Here is a view of the alignment in question:

Toronto Model 03-23-22 160 Front & Union Centre.png

As you can see, the Southeast corner of 160 Front will have lake views to the South...

Back