interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Database files coming soon, but here is the first rendering:

02_Future Ontario Line station building at southeast corner of King St W and Bathurst St.jpg

Looks a lot better without those green shutters. I thought the plan here was to build towers on top of the stations though?

Looks a lot better without those green shutters. I thought the plan here was to build towers on top of the stations though?
Yeah, they're gonna put a tower on top, but for whatever reason they've left the Transit Oriented Communities out of the new renders.

Really not a fan of this one. Taking one of the more lively stretches of King and removing a pretty decent corner pub (and the world famous club where Yankees pitcher CC Sabathia got in a fight and was kicked out, leading to him going to rehab mid-season).

Really not a fan of this one. Taking one of the more lively stretches of King and removing a pretty decent corner pub (and the world famous club where Yankees pitcher CC Sabathia got in a fight and was kicked out, leading to him going to rehab mid-season).
I too am quite upset that some obscure Yankee sports trivia heritage might be lost. Hopefully we can find a nearby site where a Blue Jays player got into a fight instead and relocate the entrance to there.

Lol, I'm not actually pining the loss of EFS, just a funny bit of lesser-known trivia.

I AM pining the loss of Banknote and a good use of a corner property.

Here's the neighbourhood context map:

olta_west_segment_maps_mx_engage_king-bathurst_20220131_final.png

So does this mean they will be turning 668 King Street into a station too? I am happy they are keeping these heritage buildings but it does suck losing two structures that make for really nice retail/restaurant atmospheres. On the other hand, they will be cool subways stops :)

1648502270659.png

So does this mean they will be turning 668 King Street into a station too? I am happy they are keeping these heritage buildings but it does suck losing two structures that make for really nice retail/restaurant atmospheres. On the other hand, they will be cool subways stops :)

View attachment 388559
Yes, that building will be another casualty re: cool foodertainment space. That's the word, right, foodertainment? Oh well…

Lol, I'm not actually pining the loss of EFS, just a funny bit of lesser-known trivia.

I AM pining the loss of Banknote and a good use of a corner property.

Toronto has been doing a great job at killing the entertainment district all these years, the province is just trying to help us out in our ambitions that's all. Dont be sad another pub will be gone to the winds!

Back