Would be amazing if they revised the plan a bit to include a Longo's. Could probably do something with the block to the north of the CT
i don't think Costco would want a Longos on their property , plus Longo's is way too expensive, i went to the longo's downtown one time...

Why is this development idiotic?
Because it's yet another massively land consumptive low-rise commercial centre that will do nothing for its surroundings other than help clog streets with private vehicles, and it's being built during a time when most companies with shopping centres are aiming to convert them into multi-use centres where people can live as well, where the parking goes underground and the public realm has some attention paid to making it attractive and safe for pedestrians and cyclists, and which provides other services to the broader community. This place is 1990s thinking in a nutshell, and 30 years ago it would have been of its time.

The parking lot is TWO levels. There will already be a Costco, LCBO, and Canadian Tire (moving there from its current location at Rexdale & Kipling).

See PDF at link.
1650310023113.png

1-islington--aerial-render-2020-12-07.jpg

Wonder if beer and liquour will be sold at Costco?

From Alberta...
4px-BW84_n0QJGVPszge3NRBsKw-2VcOifrJIjPYFYkOtaCZxxXQ2SApRQg3zfg0yE_4iCsvk7R-WTuyWrrr8XW8YIbCmFhZkRqgFMG9jXKsxagozXwKjw

4px-BW84_n0QJGVPszge3NRBsKw-2VcOifrJIjPYFYkOtaCZxxXQ2WUkqLYQK9fDVsbNiWRsU5LQEgqFcU_lbgnweR3ftgIvQ40OY-aLpzVutlBYWc2Wjg

Sorry, dated 2014...

Last edited:
Because it's yet another massively land consumptive low-rise commercial centre that will do nothing for its surroundings other than help clog streets with private vehicles, and it's being built during a time when most companies with shopping centres are aiming to convert them into multi-use centres where people can live as well, where the parking goes underground and the public realm has some attention paid to making it attractive and safe for pedestrians and cyclists, and which provides other services to the broader community. This place is 1990s thinking in a nutshell, and 30 years ago it would have been of its time.

I don't disagree with you, however I think it's a step in the right direction for the area- it's pretty dumpy. That whole intersection has now transformed with proper access to Islington, and even the landscaping makes a huge difference.

From the plan, it does look like there will be a residential portion on the south side of the project. Looking forward to seeing how that turns out especially that they're claiming direct access to a Go station that I haven't heard anything about.

I don't disagree with you, however I think it's a step in the right direction for the area- it's pretty dumpy. That whole intersection has now transformed with proper access to Islington, and even the landscaping makes a huge difference.

From the plan, it does look like there will be a residential portion on the south side of the project. Looking forward to seeing how that turns out especially that they're claiming direct access to a GO station that I haven't heard anything about.
Sure it's dumpy, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be demanding better now that it's being redeveloped. Meanwhile that area that you see as residential is a two-storey office campus.

Looked through the permit status application lists and found these businesses opening :
  • LCBO
  • BMO
  • Roll Up Ice Cream
  • Thai Express
  • Church's Chicken
  • Burger King
  • Firehouse Subs
  • Hunnypot Cannabis
  • Fat Bastard Burrito
  • Booster Juice
  • Pedi'n Nails...
  • A Dental Clinic

Was hoping for some more unique businesses, but I guess time will tell.

Last edited:

Back