This project has spent so long in pre-construction that the form of the building is starting to look a little dated to me already. When the projected was first proposed it contained some very unique forms. Over the many iterations it has gone through, it appears to have simplified and devolved into a shape that consists of multiple irregularly stacked blocks. Unfortunately the irregular stacked and fussed block look is everywhere now. Further, I don't think this fad will be an enduring and classic style. Sad to see this project finally move into reality in this state. I wonder if Gehry pulled his name because he's dissatisfied with how it has evolved.

Well, I have other scoops from a very serious and reputable source from the principal real estate agency involved in the sales of this project. I am sure of what I say. Otherwise, I would not have written it in the forum to give false hope to everyone. Like everyone here, I am very thrilled about this outstanding project.

Sales will start in the middle of this spring, possibly at the end May or early in June. However, sales will not begin simultaneously with the two towers. It will begin with the tallest of the two skyscrapers . But we will have to be a little patient, because the three developers are planning to wait some months before they launch the sales of the second tower.

Unless there is an unexpected surprise, the process will go as planned. 😎

Here is a short anime from Baker real estate's Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CbvzuVjl4LQ/?utm_medium=copy_link

Last edited:
I disagree. If it's executed well and careful attention is paid to details, it ought to capably stand the test of time. After all, a signature building like The Chrysler building employs a design language that's out of use in our times and yet it retains its classic elegance.

There's no valid reason to consider this project "dated" before it's even begun.

Getting away for the standard box look. It would have be nice if they've rounded the corners of these tower's facade. By creating a bay window effect for panoramic visual purposes for each corner apartment unit. And enhancing to tower's rounded corners even more. With its shimmering metallic cladding materials for reflection to boot!

51799051328_a0d4049775_k.jpg

Well, as long as the fit, finish and quality of materials is better than this (extremely expensive) garbage at Battersea Power Station here in London - this project looks great!

This project has spent so long in pre-construction that the form of the building is starting to look a little dated to me already. When the projected was first proposed it contained some very unique forms. Over the many iterations it has gone through, it appears to have simplified and devolved into a shape that consists of multiple irregularly stacked blocks. Unfortunately the irregular stacked and fussed block look is everywhere now. Further, I don't think this fad will be an enduring and classic style. Sad to see this project finally move into reality in this state. I wonder if Gehry pulled his name because he's dissatisfied with how it has evolved.

Im sorry there are no towers in Toronto or Canada for that matter which resemble anything close to these. If there are, they are too short to have any presence/significance and I guarantee the materials will be way different. I think this project will be iconic.

Word is that units are to start in the $700's, which from experience usually means on the higher end (ex. $750k + to start). Assuming that is for a studio unit and perhaps on a lower floor, I'm wondering if 1 bedroom units would be around the $900k mark to start, and maybe on a price per square foot basis, could this be much higher than The One on Bloor?

Word is that units are to start in the $700's, which from experience usually means on the higher end (ex. $750k + to start). Assuming that is for a studio unit and perhaps on a lower floor, I'm wondering if 1 bedroom units would be around the $900k mark to start, and maybe on a price per square foot basis, could this be much higher than The One on Bloor?

Doesn't surprise me. This will an iconic project that will have every tourist snapping pictures from all angles. There will be a premium to own in these towers. To get a nice 1 bedroom unit on a higher floor with a decent view you'll be spending over a million.

Given current prices, I would be shocked if you can buy a 1 bedroom unit for less than 1m. New 1bd units in mediocre condos in Mississauga are being advertised for 700k!

Doesn't surprise me. This will an iconic project that will have every tourist snapping pictures from all angles. There will be a premium to own in these towers. To get a nice 1 bedroom unit on a higher floor with a decent view you'll be spending over a million.
Anyone lucky enough to be able to buy into this development will be happy but I agree with you those who get a nice south facing view on a high floor will need to shell out big bucks, and frankly I think there will be a lot of people that will be willing to for this one, imo

Back