News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Metrolinx stated the reason they are grey is because they give off an association with the subway system (also grey trains).

It’s stupid I know.
Seriously? 🤦‍♂️
And we also need to make our city more dull and grey in the wintertime. No colour to brighten our days.

I mean it'll match most of our existing bland spandrel condos.
Gotta think positively lol.

Metrolinx stated the reason they are grey is because they give off an association with the subway system (also grey trains).

It’s stupid I know.

Wouldn't they go with all grey trains then? These are basically black and white, with a strip of grey. Kinda seems like it's to match their logo, which is also black and white. Their old logo was two tone green, would've been nice to match that.

I have a theory... and it is so stupid it would make sense.

If a government agency wanted to reduce costs, they would need to be seen as irrelevant. So, if they make their vehicles invisible, so invisible that they get hit, then you look irrelevant.

(I'll remove my tin foil hat now....)

Does anyone know if the City of Toronto new Inclusionary Zoning building bylaw would apply to the Finch West Lrt? And would it apply to certain stops or all of the 18 stops?

Thanks

Does anyone know if the City of Toronto new Inclusionary Zoning building bylaw would apply to the Finch West Lrt? And would it apply to certain stops or all of the 18 stops?

Thanks
It would be apply across the board and see no reason why it can't happen at all stops and it should.

Boils down to developers as well dollars and cents.

Metrolinx latest update on the Finch LRT line
Amazing how fast this is going!

Sigh - at the end, you can see Woodbine Mall and even the railway tracks past Woodbine in the distance. Shame they didn't keep going for 3 more stops to connect to the new GO station.

Sigh - at the end, you can see Woodbine Mall and even the railway tracks past Woodbine in the distance. Shame they didn't keep going for 3 more stops to connect to the new GO station.
Michael Ford did ask staff a while back what it would take to extend it to Woodbine station. I don't know the status of the request

With Michel Ford Running for an MPP seat in June and if elected, watch for announcement of the extension once the new Woodbine GO Station is built or in the process. Still a lot of $$$$ to do it.

Why stop there, not at the airport???? ===================Oh no airport transit hub or a clue when one will exist.

It is such a logical gap to fill. So close yet so far.
Woodbine - both the current racetrack ownership group and their development arm (who are upzoning the surrounding lands) are pushing / lobbying for this hard on the inside.

Woodbine - both the current racetrack ownership group and their development arm (who are upzoning the surrounding lands) are pushing / lobbying for this hard on the inside.
Yes, I wouldn't be surprised to see an LRT extension to a new Woodbine GO long before the GTAA figures out how their new transit hub will work and give the green light on the Eglinton LRT and Finch West LRT arriving at the airport. There is some provision for UP in the Woodbine GO plan.

Yes, I wouldn't be surprised to see an LRT extension to a new Woodbine GO long before the GTAA figures out how their new transit hub will work and give the green light on the Eglinton LRT and Finch West LRT arriving at the airport. There is some provision for UP in the Woodbine GO plan.
If after Etobicoke North closes, Woodbine gets a UPX station then every station along the "express" train will finally have a stop!

Back