Reaction score
New application into the AIC to redevelop and existing apartment building:

1651052101436.png

Aerial Pic:

1651052241192.png

Site Size: ~2000m2 / 22000ft2

Streetview:

1651052426660.png

Of note here is that the site immediate to the east is an assembly by Capital for which we have a thread

New application into the AIC to redevelop and existing apartment building:

View attachment 396145

Aerial Pic:

View attachment 396146

Site Size: ~2000m2 / 22000ft2

Streetview:

View attachment 396147

Of note here is that the site immediate to the east is an assembly by Capital for which we have a thread

There have been several proposals and even new u\c projects this month. It seems like things are picking up again if such a thing can even be said. There are almost 150 total 150 metre + proposals now in addition to all the skyscrapers completed and u/c. Amazing! 😃

Program

The tower features 490,000 SF of GFA including 751 units, of which 82 are rental replacement units. Capital Developments will have two dedicated resources to help transition residents of the building, and are proactively working to schedule information sessions with the tenants. The building has on-site parkland dedication (subject to City acceptance) and a daycare.

Design wise

The tower, having the benefit of sitting on a ~25,000 SF lot, has generous setbacks on all sides, allowing for a “tower in the park” feel. The podium, at 6-storeys, will be hand-laid masonry curtain wall and punched windows. The east side of the podium steps back to allow direct visibility to the heritage buildings to the east. The tower features a pewter-colored anodized aluminum mega-frame on all four sides. The corners are illustrated in radial curtainwall.

Policy-wise, the official plan calls to transition down from Sherbourne to Church Street. Though X condos sit at ~50 storeys, the tower is similar to the proposed 59-storey tower (which features a taller commercial podium) at 625 Church Street.

88 Isabella Rendering (1).jpg
88 Isabella Rendering (3).jpg
88 Isabella Rendering (2).jpg

Last edited:
Program

The tower features 490,000 SF of GFA including 751 units, of which 82 are rental replacement units. Capital Developments will have two dedicated resources to help transition residents of the building, and are proactively working to schedule information sessions with the tenants. The building has on-site parkland dedication (subject to City acceptance) and a daycare.

Design wise

The tower, having the benefit of sitting on a ~25,000 SF lot, has generous setbacks on all sides, allowing for a “tower in the park” feel. The podium, at 6-storeys, will be hand-laid masonry curtain wall and punched windows. The east side of the podium steps back to allow direct visibility to the heritage buildings to the east. The tower features a pewter-colored anodized aluminum mega-frame on all four sides. The corners are illustrated in radial curtainwall.
View attachment 396260View attachment 396261View attachment 396262
Policy-wise, the official plan calls to transition down from Sherbourne to Church Street. Though X condos sit at ~50 storeys, the tower is similar to the proposed 59-storey tower (which features a taller commercial podium) at 625 Church Street.

I immediately make note of the 'ghost' tower next door, which is another Capital project.

Aesthetically, I like the brick of the podium level.

The punched windows are decent too; but there's something off about the first 2 floors in terms of the relationship to the rest of the podium.

The description suggests an on-site park dedication, but the renders don't appear to reflect that; I'm not sure I buy that there's any viable park to be had here, but I'll reserve judgement to seeing the detailed plan.

Last edited:
I've noticed most of the new upcoming skyscraper condo renderings in the downtown core have little or no balconies and thicker cladding around the windows etc. Which I'm a huge fan of, as seen in the photos up above lol!! THIS IS BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL!

62 stories seems like a bit of a stretch for this location, isn't it? I think they'll have to chop a few stories to get it approved.

62 stories seems like a bit of a stretch for this location, isn't it? I think they'll have to chop a few stories to get it approved.
Yes, probably will be chopped down to 47-52 stories in line with other completed and under construction towers in the area. The dark horse is the office/residential proposal on Church (625 Church). If approved at 59 stories, it could set a precedent.

Back