I like how they wrote it, someone had fun with this app.
For some reason it reminded me of Samuel L J in Snakes on a plane, or frankly in practically every one of his movies at some point.

Liftin' of the H in this mothertruckin...well, you get the picture.

A material board was included on the latest submission on the development portal (April 14th):
View attachment 395994

At first I was a little disappointed regarding the general "greyness" of this, but I have to keep reminding myself that nearly all of the metal paneling and large swaths of the glass is faceted. I think the whole point of these towers will be how they reflect and refract light off of every one of their surfaces - I'm pretty confident that the end effect will be quite stunning from whichever angle you're viewing from.

As a side note, the cover letter mentions submission of a construction management plan - which I would love to see as it might share some details on dates - but I can't seem to find it amongst the site plan application. If anyone has better luck than me please post it.
Ghery's Luma Arles also uses stainless steel cladding, and the glazing looks awfully similar as well. This should be stunning.

Rendering received from an email sent by the developer:

fomra.jpg

Am I the only one that doesn't like the design of the towers? I'm sure there are more dissenters. It's ok, but not worthy of his name and many of his other projects around the world. Bland and not very inspiring... I'm sure it will be of high quality though.

Am I the only one that doesn't like the design of the towers? I'm sure there are more dissenters. It's ok, but not worthy of his name and many of his other projects around the world. Bland and not very inspiring... I'm sure it will be of high quality though.
This POV was debated recently, pages ~439 - 440.

It's as Gehry as possible, under the circumstances.

Back