20220520_123458.jpg
20220520_123528.jpg

BREAKING NEWS:

Strike Ended in High Rise Formwork - On May 20th the members voted to ratify the Formwork Agreement, as did the Formwork Council of Ontario. There is therefore now a new collective agreement in place between the Ontario Formwork Association and the Formwork Council of Ontario. The strike is now over and Local 183 members working in the Formwork Sector can return to work.

LETS GO!

Woohoo!!

I think they put off the ratification vote until Friday to ensure days off until today and to also enjoy the long weekend.

But come Monday the site should be buzzing with activities again!

That's ludicrous. These guys are all hourly employees. I can guarantee they did not delay ratification "to ensure days off". They all wanted to get back to work ASAP.

This site was already booking in overtime. I wouldn't be surprised to see guys on site tomorrow. The only thing I don't know about is the rodmen. 183 is back, but 721 hasn't ratified a rod agreement yet. Not sure which agreement(s) this crew is working under? Could be one or the other or both, as a composite.

...I think it was said that these labour disputes tend to last for two week max at worst. And here we are. <3
Yes, it's great that workers are getting back to work. However, maybe those working on The 1 should hold back and not return for another 4 weeks. Just to keep the schedule on the 1 consistent., 😃
...I think it was said that these labour disputes tend to last for two week max at worst. And here we are. <3
Yes, all sites will be up and running soon. Except The 1. They will start the site up again a month later. They want to remain consistent. 😃

Yes, it's great that workers are getting back to work. However, maybe those working on The 1 should hold back and not return for another 4 weeks. Just to keep the schedule on the 1 consistent., 😃
There would way too much trolling here in that time stretch. So please no... >.<

Back