Is it 94 now or 85?
all web sites still say 85, insta ad say 85.
🤷🏼‍♂️

The site is currently approved for 85 floors and 308 m and that is what they are currently building, but the developer has applied for a height increase to 94 floors and 338 m that has yet to be approved by the city. Hence UT states 94 when all the published ads and websites say 85. If they are approved by the city to go to 94, I'm sure they'd have a whole shebang and unveiling of new suites in the upper parts of the building.

I'm not holding my breath for the height increase, as last I heard the respective City Councillor and Mizrahi where pretty antagonistic towards each other over this. So I am going to presume it will remain at 85 unless stated by officials otherwise.

I'm not holding my breath for the height increase, as last I heard the respective City Councillor and Mizrahi where pretty antagonistic towards each other over this. So I am going to presume it will remain at 85 unless stated by officials otherwise.

Of course it won't happen. It's Toronto. I'm sure nimbyism is at play here. The extra height will annoy the 50 thousand people that enjoy Jesse Ketchum Park every day.

The park itself has almost entire tree cover, so is shady pretty much all the time. I think it's the school yard that was the concern?

I think sun coverage gets way too much consideration in planning/approval, but if you are going to consider it, I think school yards should be at the top of the list.

Of course it won't happen. It's Toronto. I'm sure nimbyism is at play here. The extra height will annoy the 50 thousand people that enjoy Jesse Ketchum Park every day.
I'm not going to be entirely fatalistic here either. If there's a chance that said councilor will realize that height here is really a non-issue when it comes to concerns of the common people...and the folks who are pushing this project to be neutered are a degree of clueless affluence that it would be unwise to be too much associated with, then that would be a good reason to give a little here. It's not like Mizrahi is asking this thing to be built to the Moon.

The site is currently approved for 85 floors and 308 m and that is what they are currently building, but the developer has applied for a height increase to 94 floors and 338 m that has yet to be approved by the city. Hence UT states 94 when all the published ads and websites say 85. If they are approved by the city to go to 94, I'm sure they'd have a whole shebang and unveiling of new suites in the upper parts of the building.
I'm kind of confused about something. 191 Bay Street is listed on UT as 302 metres tall and on Skyscraper Page as 297 metres. But including the Spire, it's 374.2 tall according to Skyscraper Page. Is the Spire officially included in its height? And if so, wouldn't that make it the tallest tower once it's built and not the 1 even if it's approved at 338 metres tall? I'm not sure if the Spire will be counted in its height or not. 😃

Last edited:
I changed the SSP entry. That was old data, from the previous submission. Also, 191 Bay will indeed be officially counted as the tallest with its spire at 374 metres. But, several other towers will have higher roof heights.

I changed the SSP entry. That was old data, from the previous submission. Also, 191 Bay will indeed be officially counted as the tallest with its spire at 374 metres. But, several other towers will have higher roof heights.
Thanks, Koops65. You're always so helpful and contribute so much, including your videos and models. Thanks for all you do, and have a great day! 😃

Maybe the builder can erect a large mirror and redirect the sun's rays during the time that a shadow is cast on the park. You know--vaporizing whoever is in the park at that time, and thereby eliminating any complaints.

Maybe the builder can erect a large mirror and redirect the sun's rays during the time that a shadow is cast on the park. You know--vaporizing whoever is in the park at that time, and thereby eliminating any complaints.

You joke, but sun reflectors have been built for entire towns.

The dark town that built a giant mirror to deflect the Sun

1653660844405.png

Image from the article linked above.

Back