Not to derail the pricing conversation (real estate thread?), but the construction management plans are posted on the SPA now which have a lot of really interesting details in them. I've tried to list a few below, but I expect they'll be a cool read for many of us on here and I encourage you to check them out!
  • East tower (shorter of the two) will be constructed first
    • It also looks like they're planning a phased occupancy of sorts whereby the lower floors will move in while the high rise floors are still under construction (crane active and all)
  • These will both require pretty extensive construction tower platforms that the construction elevators will be attached to
  • Looks like each tower will have two "jump car" elevators in the high rise bank that are operable during the construction phase (similar to The One I imagine)
  • Curtain wall / cladding at the mechanical penthouse level is too large for a spider crane and will require the use of the tower crane to place
  • The core will have an elaborate automated climbing system as seen below
    • It looks like these may get a little more common on taller residential builds - I recall seeing this at The Prestige and there is one being assembled for the next phase at One Yonge
View attachment 401111

If i remember right, Peri ACS and RCS system are usually economically for towers with more than 40 floors

Am I the only one that doesn't like the design of the towers? I'm sure there are more dissenters. It's ok, but not worthy of his name and many of his other projects around the world. Bland and not very inspiring... I'm sure it will be of high quality though.
Many people have said it but unfortunately people seem to think that we need buildings like this because they are good architecture.

Many people have said it but unfortunately people seem to think that we need buildings like this because they are good architecture.

I don't think it's nice architecture at all. I'd much rather see something that resembles the Empire Sate building or the Chrysler building then a building that resembles something from the game of Jenga.

New images.

Quote from article. Not sure where this height figure is coming from:

”The Forma project will comprise two towers, a 298-metre-tall western and a 262-metre-tall eastern tower, which will be the tallest residential towers ever designed by Gehry. The tallest of the two towers will be just short of the threshold for supertall skyscrapers, which is 300 metres. ”

Source: https://www.dezeen.com/2022/06/01/f...-of-his-tallest-ever-residential-skyscrapers/
The latest architectural set from April shows 262 metres for the shorter tower but 308 still for the taller building.

The latest architectural set from April shows 262 metres for the shorter tower but 308 still for the taller building.
Yes, they messed up the height of the taller tower. It should read 308 metres, as you said. You'd think they could get a simple fact like that correct. That's been settled for a while now.
Still, it's always good to see articles on this amazing project. 😃

I don't think it's nice architecture at all. I'd much rather see something that resembles the Empire Sate building or the Chrysler building then a building that resembles something from the game of Jenga.
i cant remember but didnt u once say that u dont see anything wrong with Time and Space condos?

Wow, the rumples are a lot more aggressive than I thought they'd be! And these renders really don't do the stainless steel cladding the justice they deserve. This is going to look brilliant (and I mean brilliant in the most literal sense). This thing will be seen sparkling in the daylight from all around the city.

The ground level is meh, but I can hardly be bothered to complain given what's standing above.

Gehry-Forma-Toronto-new-images_dezeen_2364_col_1 copy.png

Back