News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

They should just turn that into a park or something, every developer runs away screaming when they hear how expensive it will be to construct anything on that site!

The project is interesting. Same ownership since 2012 (of course, beneficial ownership could have changed). I could see the owner allowing others to buy shootgun options based on approvals and financing as the site is so difficult to value otherwise.

I was wondering if anyone had some information regarding this upcoming development. It looks like they will be removing some houses to make way for a residential building with 56 units from BCW architects.

BridgelandDevelopment.png
BridgelandDevelopment2.png

I prefer underground lines in the core, however above ground lines can be implemented well too. It just takes a little vision and a couple extra oil dollars.

View attachment 406523
Streetcars in the core would make a lot more sense than having above ground light rail. Calgary does not have streetcars anymore :(
I think Edmonton is following the right steps to introduce low level street cars to the downtown core while still maintaining the faster light rail underground.

Also streetcars are usually found in cities that use public transportation as one of the main source of transportation - Calgary's transit ridership is very low.

Last edited:
I prefer underground lines in the core, however above ground lines can be implemented well too. It just takes a little vision and a couple extra oil dollars.

View attachment 406523
Streetcars in the core would make a lot more sense than having above ground light rail. Calgary does not have streetcars anymore :(
I think Edmonton is following the right steps to introduce low level street cars to the downtown core while still maintaining the faster light rail underground.

Also streetcars are usually found in cities that use public transportation as one of the main source of transportation - Calgary's transit ridership is very low.
Imagine how much better 7th Ave would be if it looked like the picture above.

Imagine how much better 7th avenue would look with underground lines! And that would cut out the danger aspect of having the sidewalk/bike lane/transit corridor all in one. Last summer, walking around the core of Amsterdam, pedestrians really had to keep watch that they didn’t accidentally step in to the bike lanes or the streetcar corridor!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this.
The Stampede has just announced that the naming rights to the Stampede Grandstand have been sold to GMC Canada. The Grandstand will now be called the GMC Stadium.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this.
The Stampede has just announced that the naming rights to the Stampede Grandstand have been sold to GMC Canada. The Grandstand will now be called the GMC Stadium.
Sta-what?! How do you not call it GMC Grandstand? Does the infield have its own naming rights?

Saw something on the DMAP for the Holy Cross Facility: https://developmentmap.calgary.ca/?find=DP2022-04054

Couldn't download the documents but the applications says: 'Changes to Site Plan: Retail and Consumer Service (parking and landscape; Exterior Renovations: Retail and Consumer Service (new garage and entry doors, refurbish building facade)'

The thing that drew my eye was the Exterior Renovations. This facility or facilities always did feel a bit disconnected from the surrounding community would love to see it blend in a bit more.

Back