I finally had the motivation to download the plans for this development. A few notes from the architectural plans.

1. The main level has 3 Retail stores on the west tower and 1 in the east tower. I would like the residential lobby on the east tower to be use a smaller frontage onto King Street.
1655406313687.png

2. There's a fun little turntable on the west tower to allow for the receiving trucks to use!
3. I like the frontage size of the residential lobby and the commercial lobby for the western tower. It's really compact and allows for maximization of the retail frontage.
1655406567106.png

Oops.... seen this view before. 😔

6508-110778.jpeg

UT

To be fair, both should be visible for straight angles of the CN Tower. Union Park (Red box) is east of the CN Tower and Forma (Blue box) is in the same line as the CN Tower. Pictured below.

1655476208912.png

Union Park will be behind the Skydome, and Forma will be behind the CN Tower. Union Park has a much lower chance of having its view blocked as the city likes having the iconic pic of the CN Tower and Skydome duo from the island.

Unfortunately, Forma does not have this privilege and would be partially blocked by the CN Tower and the Ritz.

Last edited:
To be fair, both should be visible for straight angles of the CN Tower. Union Park (Red box) is east of the CN Tower and Forma (Blue box) is in the same line as the CN Tower. Pictured below.

View attachment 408089

I think it's a matter of just how they placed the buildings in the pic, because they've got them almost inline with Rogers Centre, when in fact they'll be a bit more to the east.

Not to mention, this project has serious legs to it at this point, where as Union Park has a long road ahead still so kind of a moot point.

Back