Photos taken May 28, 2022:

Now this............this is some serious crane work!

We're looking south on Peter, and the truck is reaching the construction site nearly one block over, and very high up!

DSC07685.JPG

DSC07686.JPG

DSC07692.JPG

Now for the other side......( It couldn't all be good, LOL)

DSC07737.JPG

DSC07738.JPG

DSC07739.JPG

A final one, from a safer distance, just north of Queen St.

DSC07680.JPG

Last edited:
It's a lot better than Peter & Adelaide. Faint praise, I know, but I'm trying to put a positive spin on it.

This one is starting to pleasantly surprise me.

I'm going to stick my neck out here like I did for Sugar Wharf and say that this cladding is going to be better than most people are expecting. The variable width and length opaque sections of the balcony cladding are going to give us a nicely chaotic look to juxtapose against the more rigorous geometries of the surrounding buildings. In a sea of sameness, this will be the kid with freckles and a gap-toothed grin whose face might not be classically beautiful, but will stand out as some badly needed and appreciated character and variation.

This one is starting to pleasantly surprise me.

I'm going to stick my neck out here like I did for Sugar Wharf and say that this cladding is going to be better than most people are expecting. The variable width and length opaque sections of the balcony cladding are going to give us a nicely chaotic look to juxtapose against the more rigorous geometries of the surrounding buildings. In a sea of sameness, this will be the kid with freckles and a gap-toothed grin whose face might not be classically beautiful, but will stand out as some badly needed and appreciated character and variation.

I agree. It turns out better than the renderings. Still, when a Concord tower is a standout, you know how mediocre the architecture of the surrounding buildings is.

Any of you very knowledgeable people prepared to take a guess when you think it will be ready for occupation?

Back