Sometimes, timing is all wrong. I remember this:

From link.

The AMC Interchange 30 opened on May 7, 1999. Each of the 30 screens had stadium seating and SDDS. It was closed May 8, 2014.

acm.jpg

From link.

The Ciniplex Colossus is still in the vicinity, but in the wrong location.

Would it be crazy to suggest a future push to Canada's Wonderland? Maybe two stops at Langstaff and Vaughan Mills.
If it was elevated (and it should, there is no housing anywhere along the route) it might not be that bad. Connect up a major attraction to the network, and open up a large area of underdeveloped land for... possible development!

Would it be crazy to suggest a future push to Canada's Wonderland? Maybe two stops at Langstaff and Vaughan Mills.
If it was elevated (and it should, there is no housing anywhere along the route) it might not be that bad. Connect up a major attraction to the network, and open up a large area of underdeveloped land for... possible development!
@LemonCondo, there are several dozen transit expansion projects I would prioritize before this, but if the extension were built, we could call it the LemonLine.

It's already in the high level plans, Vaughan and York Region both consider it a future project.

More, I suspect, to serve the Hospital/Health Campus than Wonderland, though that is an incidental benefit.

But it is a very, very long ways from happening, measured in decades.

As others have suggested, it would be nuts to prioritize this, but I can see it happening eventually. It's a natural end-point for the line and, well, York Region, often gets what it wants. Also, Wonderland (under Paramount) sold off some of its scalability options, so the only way to increase the park's size now is to decrease the parking lot. This could achieve that.

With the way we do transit projects in Ontario you never know, this extension might just randomly get priority over things like a western extension of the Bloor line, or an eastern/western extension of the Sheppard line.

Money talks, and if there's major landowners to which a political party will benefit from, make no mistake we'll see convenient shifting of priorities. Let's not forget why the subway was extended Vaughan in the first place.

Back