Start painting
IMG_20220819_152807.jpg

I wonder... when they say "large boulder" in the plans for this, are they talking like a Yorkville or Sugar Beach sized "large boulder" or a Major St Parkette sized "large boulder"? The former are very popular. The latter, not so much.

Curious to rip up the sidewalk on Jarvis before the exterior is finished.

View attachment 422219
Not so curious, the east side of the Market is finished (certainly no more need to excavate) and they are soon going to be able to install the ground floor glazing. Better to install it on top of the new external concrete immediately outside it and to install that at same time as the sidewalk. I am pleasantly surprised there will be decent sidewalk on Jarvis this winter and hope they have time to do the same thing on Front. (I assume the west side will only be done to the property line with the area further away done with the Park remake next summer.

I wonder... when they say "large boulder" in the plans for this, are they talking like a Yorkville or Sugar Beach sized "large boulder" or a Major St Parkette sized "large boulder"? The former are very popular. The latter, not so much.

You're meaning for the park space?

If so, the boulder(s) are shown in the middle image posted by @Edward Skira , here:

That's too bad. Something like the Yorkville boulder could have been really fun in that spot. Something that multiple people can climb/sit on.

You're meaning for the park space?

If so, the boulder(s) are shown in the middle image posted by @Edward Skira , here:

The rendered out-cropping looks like the perfect scale to me for a (wide-ish) laneway.

Another giant Muskoka slab here would leave no north-south egress ... and likely require equipment and courage.

artsculture4-1-d59b885d2cbb4d50.jpg

Link

That's too bad. Something like the Yorkville boulder could have been really fun in that spot. Something that multiple people can climb/sit on.

The rendered out-cropping looks like the perfect scale to me for a (wide-ish) laneway.

Another giant Muskoka slab here would leave no north-south egress ... and likely require equipment and courage.

artsculture4-1-d59b885d2cbb4d50.jpg

Link

Back