News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Some places on Sherbourne, like Bolet's and Khao Hakka, were also hit. It's really frustrating that nobody does anything about this.

All we can do these days is say "the perpetrators suffer from mental health!" and let them go about their business and throw up our hands while the poor victims of the vandalization simply have to eat the costs.

To my surprise they have planted trees on the new section of Front Street - at the Flat Iron. @Northern Light may have comments on planting in late August, and on variety selected.

IMG_1007[1].JPG

View attachment 422604

To my surprise they have planted trees on the new section of Front Street - at the Flat Iron. @Northern Light may have comments on planting in late August, and on variety selected.

Excuse me for shifting your quote around..........LOL

Fair to say I would prefer to see planting no earlier than late September, it just bumps up your survival rate; but that's up to the contractor/City I suppose....at least its a species that does ok w/Fall Planting.

On the species, its Honey Locust, native'ish, (native just south of Toronto) and among the most urban-tolerant species. Given that this is not open-trench planting, its a reasonable choice. Also good for an area that will support a patio, as it allows dappled light to come through.

All we can do these days is say "the perpetrators suffer from mental health!" and let them go about their business and throw up our hands while the poor victims of the vandalization simply have to eat the costs.
It's why I didn't vote for KWT provincially. It's literally happening all over the St. Lawrence-Corktown neighbourhood many nights a week and she refuses to discuss it in any detail with retailers, condos, etc. And as the owner of a local Subway told me, the police were very disinterested too when he had to go to his smashed store at 03:00 in the morning. They said they'd follow up, despite giving them a security video picture of the assailant, but he never heard back.

It's why I didn't vote for KWT provincially. It's literally happening all over the St. Lawrence-Corktown neighbourhood many nights a week and she refuses to discuss it in any detail with retailers, condos, etc. And as the owner of a local Subway told me, the police were very disinterested too when he had to go to his smashed store at 03:00 in the morning. They said they'd follow up, despite giving them a security video picture of the assailant, but he never heard back.
The police are generally rather 'lax' about following up on 'petty crime' - last summer our condo building had a garage break-in and several bikes were stolen. The police did come and got a security video with a very clear image of the culprit. They said we would hear from a detective - total silence.

The police are generally rather 'lax' about following up on 'petty crime' - last summer our condo building had a garage break-in and several bikes were stolen. The police did come and got a security video with a very clear image of the culprit. They said we would hear from a detective - total silence

Time for the SLNA and the BIA to file a formal complaint with the Police Services Board and allege, very clearly, dereliction of duty.

Every agency that underperforms needs to feel heat; including 'The Heat'.

Today, the 25th August I was walking around Front and Wellington to document progress. Workers are on site for concrete pouring of curbs. I didn’t see more work on pavers. There ares still some holes very deep at every corner. I was hoping pipe ans wiring work already done. It seems a bit chaotic all over the place. Yes, the tree planting at the Flatiron building surprised me as well. That area looks already beautiful!

586041CF-FDEB-4115-9123-AD21BC80C613.jpeg
B69C0EF3-5021-4AB2-AFF8-076073056E3B.jpeg
D60D900E-DBA5-42CB-8182-4BCBDB964919.jpeg

Lots of work still outstanding on Wellington. Not much happened the last weeks.

D48D89BD-5C3F-492F-8AAF-E3C31B32F11F.jpeg
6D517621-A606-46C6-8034-C9649D043124.jpeg

Construction updates on Wellington.

ROAD RECONSTRUCTION_ CHURCH ST & FRONT ST E
As intersection construction continues at Wellington Street East, Church Street and Front St the City of Toronto will be reconstructing the northeast corner of the Wellington Street East and Church Street intersection. In order to complete this work, the north curb lane on Front Street will be closed, restricting right turns from westbound Front Street to northbound Church Street. The right turn restriction will start on Monday August 29 until Sunday September 4.

and

Ongoing Work: Wellington St north side

• Excavation work will continue on the north side of Wellington Street until late August
  • Week of August 29th,TTC track installation from Yonge Street to Scott Street
  • Sidewalk, road and paving work will start in early September.
Though it does not load for me, they say the full schedule is at:
https://contrib.wp.intra.prod-toronto.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/8fea-BIARemain-Construction-Schedule-for-Wellington-July-2022.AODA_.pdf

According to the Friends of St James Park, the schedule for Market Lane Park is:

The anticipated schedule for the park is as follows (subject to change):
  • Design development, prepare drawings for tender – Spring to Fall 2022
  • Issue for tender – Late 2022
  • Contract award – January/February 2023
  • Construction begins – Spring 2023
  • Construction completed – Fall 2023

I urge you to fill in the survey on the summer pedestrianisation of Market Street:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/marketstreetnews

Too long. LOL But I filled it out anyways.

I generally picked the endorsement options. But made the following additional comments.

1) Yes I spent more, but that also owes to the expanded hours of the Market, especially adding Sundays.

2) Street food options are important

3) If entertainment is added on days or at times when the Market building is closed, alternate access to washrooms must be provided.

4) If closure is year round, consideration could be given to adding some additional shade (trees) while continuing to allow for lots of full sun.

5) Seating types should offer a range of permanent and fixed, with an eye to good views of entertainment and to practicality for eating.

6) Consideration should be given as to how to better integrate the balcony/deck of the Market building into the excitement.

The police are generally rather 'lax' about following up on 'petty crime' - last summer our condo building had a garage break-in and several bikes were stolen. The police did come and got a security video with a very clear image of the culprit. They said we would hear from a detective - total silence.
They're far too busy nabbing speeding cyclists in High Park.

Yup. Too much coddling going on. Commit a crime and be punished otherwise there's no reason for laws.

Back