This is from a special to the NP Auguest 24th:

"Gehry’s first new build in Canada, the towering Forma condo project currently in pre-construction at King Street West and Ed Mirvish Way, “will be an instant landmark, not just in Toronto, not just in Canada, but worldwide,” says Mitchell Cohen, chief operating officer of Westdale Properties, which joined co-developers Great Gulf Group and Dream Unlimited in launching sales of the 864 suites in Forma’s 73-storey East Tower in June. “Living in Frank’s homecoming masterpiece is about as compelling as it gets,” he continues, adding that most of the tower’s units have already been sold, with the few remaining hitting the market soon after Labour Day. “Why buy a piece of art when you can live in one?”

Sales of the 1,170 condo suites in the 84-storey West Tower, the tallest structure ever designed by Gehry, are slated to launch in 2023 after construction of the East Tower begins."
😀

Seems like sales are going well, what are the chances demolition starts before 2023????

Seems like sales are going well, what are the chances demolition starts before 2023????
Good question. I don't know, but it's sounding like by 2023, which is sooner than I'd hoped and expected. It sounds like strong sales are really helping move the building schedule alone. 😀

Sales of the 1,170 condo suites in the 84-storey West Tower, the tallest structure ever designed by Gehry, are slated to launch in 2023 after construction of the East Tower begins."
😀

This is fantastic news. For whatever reason I thought construction for the west tower wasn't going to start until the east tower was completed! By the sounds of it, it should start about a year, maybe 1.5 years after tower 1.

This is fantastic news. For whatever reason I thought construction for the west tower wasn't going to start until the east tower was completed! By the sounds of it, it should start about a year, maybe 1.5 years after tower 1.
Yes, it's great news. I was kind of hoping if sales went super well, the schedule for the 2nd tower would speed up, and now it looks like it will. Hopefully.! 😀

I mentioned it over on SkyScraper Forum a couple weeks ago how the tower was mostly sold out. I went out for a few drinks with a colleague of mine who is part of the sales team at Forma and they told me at that point (mid Aug) that the first tower was almost sold out with only a few dozen units left. These must be the ones they are holding back until September. I was also told the 2nd tower would be starting sales next year. But I figured that was always the plan.

Regardless, I am super excited to watch this landmark go up! Exciting times.

Last edited:
I mentioned it over on SkyScraper Forum a couple weeks ago how the tower was mostly sold out. I went out for a few drinks with a colleague of mine who is part of the sales team at Forma and they told me at that point (mid Aug) that the first tower was almost sold out with only a few dozen units left. These must be the ones they are holding back until September. I was also told the 2nd tower would be starting sales next year. But I figured that was always the plan.

Regardless, I am super excited to watch this landmark go up! Exciting times.
Awesomeness! I'm so glad to hear this. Is that the Skyscraper Page Forum? I have visited there, but it's hard to figure out. Toronto's pages are kind of hidden, and 1 of them never seems to be updated. It's hard to navigate. But this is great news and something I'd privately hope would be the case. I'm hopeful they can start sales by next year for the 2nd tower now. It looks like things are moving along really well now! 😀

Renx has a story up on sales and construction timing as well:

From the above:

1661873955824.png

1661873855114.png

1661873902034.png

Renx has a story up on sales and construction timing as well:

From the above:

View attachment 423927

View attachment 423925

View attachment 423926

Interesting. This article says the east tower (which launched at the end of June) sold 50% in 6 weeks. That would take it to about August 10th. Not as much as I was told. They won't start construction until it gets to 80% or so I imagine.

Interesting. This article says the east tower (which launched at the end of June) sold 50% in 6 weeks. That would take it to about August 10th. Not as much as I was told. They won't start construction until it gets to 80% or so I imagine.
I overheard today that it was also closer to 80% today from someone working on the project.

Back