Yep, I knew that, thanks. My question is more specifically: why are they installing it when they’re putting climbing construction elevators in the core? I think @UpwithOlives has a good answer.
Got it. It's not typical to use the building elevators this early (forming) in construction, a couple of reasons (it's usually still in fabrication, the building isn't fully enclosed, it requires permanent power to run those elevators which at this stage in construction the site doesn't have and to limit/prevent damage/wear to the elevators)

Last edited:
Last evening.
7CFDA416-0C6E-4F33-B471-AB3D510989F6.jpeg
B6C1B26F-43F0-4D13-AD61-0B55361A511B.jpeg
A73186FE-2FAD-4701-9F86-9B5524618D9D.jpeg

It's possible the core lifts will only be used when they get above the hotel levels. Thinking they'll want to finish out the retail and hotel levels while they build the residences? So you have (the existing) exterior lift that goes up to the pool level deck, then another one up to the beginning of the residences? You don't want workers and materials having to go through the hotel to the core lifts...
That would make it a 3 'vator commute to work on the floors above though. >.<

Even watching this project makes me exhausted. For some reason it seems like way more work than even larger footprint projects like the Well. I wonder if anyone working on the project just feels like it's too much and just wants to walk away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though this thing is only like 1/8th or whatever it's going to be, for some reason it already looks so majestic. I've been trying to put my finger on why, and I think I finally figured it out. I think it's because the super columns that run vertically make it look that much longer as opposed to something like 1 Bloor East across the street. Kind of like a sweater or shirt with stripes. If the stripes run vertical, it makes person look taller. If the stripes run horizontal, it makes someone look fat.

Last edited:
Even though this thing is only like 1/8th or whatever it's going to be, for some reason it already looks so majestic. I've been trying to put my finger on why, and I think I finally figured it out. I think it's because the super columns that run vertically make it look that much longer as opposed to something like 1 Bloor East across the street. Kind of like a sweater or shirt with stripes. If the stripes run vertical, it makes some look taller. If the stipes run horizontal, it makes someone look fat.
You have a valid point. I also believe that the fact we know what it will be adds to the perceived grandeur. If we were ignorant of this project, and just happened to walk by, I don't think we'd find it particularly interesting. Even just looking at it might make us exhausted.

You have a valid point. I also believe that the fact we know what it will be adds to the perceived grandeur. If we were ignorant of this project, and just happened to walk by, I don't think we'd find it particularly interesting. Even just looking at it might make us exhausted.

True, but I still believe once it's almost topped out, it might end up looking taller then it actually is due to my previous point.

Back