From today

20220915_154258.jpg
20220915_162222.jpg

Seems like they managed to build a 'regular' floor roughly every 3.5 weeks since the first 'regular' floor was poured back in March. Doesn't that mean they really need to speed up, by a factor of 3x or 4x, to meet that 2024 deadline?

Seems like they managed to build a 'regular' floor roughly every 3.5 weeks since the first 'regular' floor was poured back in March. Doesn't that mean they really need to speed up, by a factor of 3x or 4x, to meet that 2024 deadline?
I am not sure how far you got back to arrive at that average but I think over the last 4 floors or so they have been doing a floor in less than 2 weeks and as fast as in 7 working days..

They already have.

I am not sure how far you got back to arrive at that average but I think over the last 4 floors or so they have been doing a floor in less than 2 weeks and as fast as in 7 working days..
...since March? it's 26 weeks from March 15 to today, I'm not sure what else you mean by 'how far back'.

Yes that is too far back and before they installed the climbing forms. It took more than a month just to install that. Since then the pace has drastically sped up.
Hmm so if they finished floor 7 mid-March, and finished floor 13 (or floor 14 by nominal count) just recently, and the last 4 floors were fast... then they spent 4 months on floors 8 and 9? 'Regular' hotel floors? I haven't gone through every page but that seems really weird.

Hmm so if they finished floor 7 mid-March, and finished floor 13 (or floor 14 by nominal count) just recently, and the last 4 floors were fast... then they spent 4 months on floors 8 and 9? 'Regular' hotel floors? I haven't gone through every page but that seems really weird.
That is correct. Floors 8-10 took a long time but during that span lots of time and effort was spent on infrastructure work like setting up the climbing core system, moving the concrete pump and I suppose optimizing the process.

That is correct. Floors 8-10 took a long time but during that span lots of time and effort was spent on infrastructure work like setting up the climbing core system, moving the concrete pump and I suppose optimizing the process.
It's true that they're working with a very constrained site.. if rearranging things alone took several weeks that must have been quite important. Is that normal for all constrained sites?

It's true that they're working with a very constrained site.. if rearranging things alone took several weeks that must have been quite important. Is that normal for all constrained sites?
I am no expert, or even work in any field related to construction but from common observations, it seems that even with sites with wide staging areas, it takes crews some time to establish a repeating pattern and find an optimal workflow. In this case it seems they found that point around the 10th floor and the current pace should continue till they get to the 17th floor which is the first mechanical section.

The last three floors since they’ve gotten the climbing core in place have been 2 weeks (12-17 days) for slab and walls. Hopefully the first mechanical levels should be complete by Halloween…

Last edited:
The last three floors since they’ve gotten the climbing core in place have been 2 weeks (give or take a day or two) for slab and walls. Hopefully the first mechanical levels should be complete by Halloween…
Hmm I hope their labor saving climbing rig will have make it faster than that. That in addition to the preassembled rebar supercolumns. Since at 2 weeks/floor, and 3 weeks/maintenance section, would put topping out at year end 2025, assuming no other delays.

A normal 200m+ condo is about 1 week per floor from what I understand. The One is obviously more complex, with more concrete, etc.,

Back