News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I’d think it’s pretty clear the SRT will shutdown first; at this point the interesting betting would be on Finch vs Eglinton
Very unfortunate. I’m sure some scarbourough residents and transit fans would’ve liked to make that transfer, if only once.

If they push the opening date to a year from today, they can say it opened “early” when it’s ready summer 23 ;)

Good grief. When did they notify TTC? I'd think they'd have to pay TTC damages for ramping up earlier than necessary, and not receiving revenue.

It's hard to believe Metrolinx only found out this month. I'm guessing there was a discussion with the government about withholding the news until after the election.
They just don't want to acknowledge it. ML and the PCs hate the media.

Taking bets... What happens firs lt? Srt closure or crosstown opening?
Another question is what opens first - Line 5 or Line 6?

And is it a year from now when Line 5 starts operations, or when they hand it over to TTC for trial running. Last time TTC opened a completely new subway line (Line 4), TTC were running a scheduled service for months before it opened to the public - and that was with equipment and a signalling system they were already familiar with! It wouldn't surprise me if Line 5 doesn't open until 2024 if the year from now is the hand-over date.

Another question is what opens first - Line 5 or Line 6?

And is it a year from now when Line 5 starts operations, or when they hand it over to TTC for trial running. Last time TTC opened a completely new subway line (Line 4), TTC were running a scheduled service for months before it opened to the public - and that was with equipment and a signalling system they were already familiar with! It wouldn't surprise me if Line 5 doesn't open until 2024 if the year from now is the hand-over date.
8+ years after the first phase was originally scheduled to be open, sad

Back