Watline 2.png

Rail has been installed at the Brunel/Sandstone intersection:
Brunel 1.jpeg

Looking north:
Brunel 2.png

Looking south:
Brunel 3.png

Sept 26
Not edited or on my site at this time and part of a large number shot today..
133A2740.JPG
133A2745.JPG
133A2746.JPG
133A2760.JPG
133A2727.JPG
133A2754.JPG

Any idea when Hurontario and Matheson intersection will be closed?
It will be in 2023 as the Guideway from it to the OSM has to be completed first to be ready for testing once the new fleet arrives late 2023 at this time.

As far as I know at this time, the building of the guideway will continue south and a other areas in 2023, with full completion by the end of 2023.

Matheson and other major intersections will see a partly closure where only one lane is open like TTC does for e-w traffic.

Dumb question but why such a gap between the tracks? Is it because it’s close to a station/stop?

So Brittania-Mavis track placing will be done in Jan. Do we know where the next phase will be? I think it might be North towards where the OMSF?

Dumb question but why such a gap between the tracks? Is it because it’s close to a station/stop?
For the flower bed and crossover. They want to keep the same distance regardless where things are along the line.

So Brittania-Mavis track placing will be done in Jan. Do we know where the next phase will be? I think it might be North towards where the OMSF?
No idea where this Brittania-Mavis is, as there are no tracks on Britannia at all nor a date for Britannia at this time that I am aware of.

It has to be going north first since this will be the test bed for the new cars as they arrived as well training operators.

Work has started on the new Englewood Bridge that will replace the bridge to the north of it as well moving the traffic lights to the new intersection. This will allow the LRV's to exit/enter the ROW to/from the PC Station.

Next set of track installations: https://www.metrolinx.com/en/greate...urontario/Stg-4-Matheson-Traders-HN59-TL2.pdf

Aldridge Street/Traders Boulevard: Oct 4-Oct 27
Matheson Boulevard: Oct 28-Dec 15

For the construction of the LRT, tracks will be laid along the centre guideway of Hurontario Street between Matheson Boulevard and Britannia Road, requiring partial east-west intersection closures or additional left-turn restrictions in the area. The partial closure at Aldridge Street/Traders Boulevard and Hurontario Street is scheduled from October 4, 2022 until October 27, 2022. East-west traffic as well as left-turns will be restricted during this time. Track installations at Matheson Boulevard and Hurontario Street from October 28, 2022 until December 15, 2022 occur within two sub-stages. In the first stage, the north side of the intersection will be closed from October 28, 2022 to November 19, 2022. This will be followed by the south side from November 19, 2022 to December 15, 2022. During these stages, east-west traffic will be maintained along Matheson Boulevard, but reduced to a single lane in each direction. Left-turns at this intersection will not be permitted. In order to weld tracks together and form the concrete, it will be necessary to partially close the Matheson/Hurontario intersection to eastbound and westbound traffic. East/west traffic will be detoured to Milverton Drive/Watline Avenue. During these east/west closures, traffic will continue to travel north and south on Hurontario. The first partial closure will be from November 25, 2022 until November 28, 2022. The second will be from December 10, 2022 to December 11, 2022.

On a recent map I noticed it said the station names are "subject to change". If Metrolinx has a say in the names, and decides that the "Dundas" stop shouldn't be the name for the stop on Dundas because there's a Dundas station on the Yonge line, I'll have a meltdown. Same thing for "Eglinton" come to think of it.

ETA I just noticed that the Steeles stop is named "Brampton Gateway Terminal" instead of the more logical "Steeles"....ughhhh.

On a recent map I noticed it said the station names are "subject to change". If Metrolinx has a say in the names, and decides that the "Dundas" stop shouldn't be the name for the stop on Dundas because there's a Dundas station on the Yonge line, I'll have a meltdown. Same thing for "Eglinton" come to think of it.

ETA I just noticed that the Steeles stop is named "Brampton Gateway Terminal" instead of the more logical "Steeles"....ughhhh.
I dont even think Metrolinx knows what they're doing anymore when it comes to station names. When it comes to that, none of what they are doing makes any sense.

Looking forward to what they come up with with the Dundas BRT when the time comes.

See, this is one of the reasons I am not a fan of trying to integrate local transit into a larger regional transit umbrella. Mississauga is not Toronto and should not be treated as such.

Back