News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Does that mean a new Enterprise Blvd/YMCA Blvd overpass/underpass will be built where the existing Unionville GO bus loop is? And is the Viva Rapidway bus lane extension from Birchmount Rd no longer going to have a new stop directly next to Unionville GO?
View attachment 426543
From what I know, other than a few diagrams/sketches such as the screenshot I posted, there aren't many concepts for how this overpass/underpass would be constructed. There are two other screenshots that I found interesting relating to the "Unionville Multi-Modal Station" including the proposed Viva Rapidway and Transitway stations, and a possible raildeck park. I will try to update this thread with any new information as it comes, and will update the "Downtown Markham" thread when the Secondary Plan progresses further.
Screenshot (2571).png
Screenshot (2473).png

Does that mean a new Enterprise Blvd/YMCA Blvd overpass/underpass will be built where the existing Unionville GO bus loop is? And is the Viva Rapidway bus lane extension from Birchmount Rd no longer going to have a new stop directly next to Unionville GO?
View attachment 426543
I don't know about an underpass specifically, but at one point York Region was planning for an underground bus terminal at Unionville that would connect to the VIVA Rapidways. I have no clue if this plan is still in force.

Dan

^ I wonder why they didn't opt for concrete ties? I assumed this was a Metrolinx standard for all projects/new track.

^ I wonder why they didn't opt for concrete ties? I assumed this was a Metrolinx standard for all projects/new track.
Please correct me if I’m wrong, but I have two assumptions. First is that concrete is really only being used on the core GO network which will see insane frequencies/use in the near future. Concrete ties are a chunk more expensive than wood. The Guelph Sub won’t really see more than 2 trains per hour max for the foreseeable future. Second is that wood is better for tracks which might see heavy freight loads as they are more flexible. The Guelph sub still sees a fair amount of freight. That’s just my guess!

I don't know about an underpass specifically, but at one point York Region was planning for an underground bus terminal at Unionville that would connect to the VIVA Rapidways. I have no clue if this plan is still in force.

Dan

It never had much in the way of "force" per se, but that is what's in the 407 Transitway EA:

1663218286499.png

1663218301882.png

It would seem that a general realignment of Enterprise to run straight through to the YMCA ROW would be an improvement, but fundamentally change what was in the EA.

Breaking the North track bridge (Wilson st) apart - 20mph restriction on the new track
After speaking with the workers, it sounds like the this is only a temporary track flip to replace the bridges - sadly the 2nd track from Guelph Central to the Hanlan will not be constructed for at least another year - sigh... I know replacing these bridges is key to 2-way/all-day service, but I thought they were doing it all at once now instead of years later.... I fear better service is years away...

IMG_2842.jpeg
IMG_2843.jpeg

Breaking the North track bridge (Wilson st) apart - 20mph restriction on the new track
After speaking with the workers, it sounds like the this is only a temporary track flip to replace the bridges - sadly the 2nd track from Guelph Central to the Hanlan will not be constructed for at least another year - sigh... I know replacing these bridges is key to 2-way/all-day service, but I thought they were doing it all at once now instead of years later.... I fear better service is years away...

View attachment 428065View attachment 428066
I wonder how Metrolinx will deal with the rehabilitation for the Gordon/Norfolk Bridge. Especially the centre sections.

Some progress pics for Maple GO.

Structure of the new elevator and stair building. North tunnel to both platforms is being backfilled. Foundation and rebar (right side of pic) is in for the last piece of the new retaining wall for the expanded Eagle Rock Way bus loop.
original_e956c9b8-43aa-4abb-a3ba-4cab932b4491_20220927_131412.jpg

West platform south tunnel entrance being built up:
20220927_131801.jpg

Rough grading for 2nd track is completed to about halfway between Maple GO and Rutherford GO:
20220927_131839.jpg

New retaining wall posts are moving steadily north from Rutherford GO, nearing halfway to Maple GO:
20220927_131924.jpg

New retaining walls going in on the west side lagging behind the posts:
20220927_131956.jpg

Some progress pics for Maple GO.

Structure of the new elevator and stair building. North tunnel to both platforms is being backfilled. Foundation and rebar (right side of pic) is in for the last piece of the new retaining wall for the expanded Eagle Rock Way bus loop.
View attachment 429382

West platform south tunnel entrance being built up:
View attachment 429378

Rough grading for 2nd track is completed to about halfway between Maple GO and Rutherford GO:
View attachment 429379

New retaining wall posts are moving steadily north from Rutherford GO, nearing halfway to Maple GO:
View attachment 429380

New retaining walls going in on the west side lagging behind the posts:
View attachment 429381
I was wondering if they are planning on building 3 tracks at Rutherford? Seemed like they are digging an underpass for the 3rd track (if that's what they are building).

I was wondering if they are planning on building 3 tracks at Rutherford? Seemed like they are digging an underpass for the 3rd track (if that's what they are building).
Construction is mostly wrapped up at Rutherford with just some outstanding landscaping works at the east platform area. There are plans for a 3rd track in between the current 2 as a passing track but it will be at the same grade and not added until required by GO Expansion several years down the line.

Went for a walkabout to see the Davenport Diamond and Kitchener Corridor.
C24077A5-713F-466B-AC3E-69B21EE7F175.jpeg

453666CF-C790-4FA5-AA15-1E9DC9EBCCA3.jpeg

Bonus: the worst pigeon repellent ever at the Crossways. Pretty much sums up the Crossways experience
A7E2844F-0AC8-4D53-9145-469BD1BFAC40.jpeg

Attachments

• 38059B88-DA14-4908-A611-0D1CF2941D4C.jpeg
    38059B88-DA14-4908-A611-0D1CF2941D4C.jpeg
    233.8 KB · Views: 48

Back