Now for something a bit different.
313D8FFB-310F-4B53-8DED-19833B07F1D7.jpeg
C36BC80B-3769-4632-B41B-415FC71BF52C.jpeg

My only regret is that we've lost the iconic view of the CN Tower viewed between the two towers of the TD Centre. It's now blocked by 160 Front.

My regret is not getting over there to take a photo from that vantage point while I still had the chance.

I remember when the Royal York and the Imperial Bank of Commerce building were the tallest buildings in Toronto. I'm sure the new TD building is built of fine material, but it looks stumpy and blocky to me. I know I'm in the minority on this - hoping I will change my mind when the top is finished. though.

I remember when the Royal York and the Imperial Bank of Commerce building were the tallest buildings in Toronto. I'm sure the new TD building is built of fine material, but it looks stumpy and blocky to me. I know I'm in the minority on this - hoping I will change my mind when the top is finished. though.
Interesting... I had the exact opposite impression from @mburrrrr's last angle, particularly compared to some of the stumpy renderings in the database (north views in particular mind you).

Given the roof steel will possibly(?) reach to a height not that far below the crane cabin in that shot... bettin' the east and west views have a shot at even soaring quite a bit. Either way... thrilled with the results already, compared to the renders.

Last edited:
They haven't built the top part yet. I wouldn't call it stumpy and blocky. It's actually IMHO one of the more interesting builds in years in Toronto

Back