Got mail from the city on the zoning change that passed in council with regard to Union Park. I went to the community reviews of this build as I live kitty-corner at 20 Blue Jays Way. I have to say that I’m disappointed that only 32 of 832 units are classified affordable rental
. 884B2A84-620A-4A8A-9432-61337E4D76AA.jpeg328FD1E5-C730-4665-809C-2B913E269FA0.jpeg

BMO just opened up their campus at Eaton Centre. That's unless they plan on further consolidating all of their office spaces together.

Do remember, back in December, BMO bought 'Bank of the West' out of California for a cool $16B.

That was a huge acquisition and does represent new jobs in the GTA, lots of them.

That should not be construed as me saying which office building, new or existing, those jobs will end up in.........

As a side note, understanding that Market Cap lists vary slightly with information from different banks/stock markets at different dates......

Canada now has 4 banks among the 22 largest the world (BMO being number 22)

Last edited:
As a side note, understanding that Market Cap lists vary slightly with information from different banks/stock markets at different dates......

Canada now has 4 banks among the 22 largest the world (BMO being number 22)

Suprised CIBC has a puny market cap of only $50 Billion.

They can't possibly afford to live in 2 diamond-studded towers 💎... I'm going to give them my business (if they '86' that crappy unreadable font... diamond needs work too).

:)

^ Oxford said that it's a $3.5 billion project, big chunk of that will go towards the office and realm and the left overs will go towards the two residential. when they start digging they will get peanuts(facade) for that money.

This project is approved so what is the hold up to start demolition? No permits even submitted. The earliest anything can happen is at least 1.5 years away that means.

This project is approved so what is the hold up to start demolition? No permits even submitted. The earliest anything can happen is at least 1.5 years away that means.
Could be the fact that the real estate situation in Canada is currently collapsing in on itself due to escalating interest rates and an impending recession 😅

A tenant!

This doesn't move forward w/o an anchor tenant or several medium-sized ones.

It's not going ahead on Spec.

I've discussed in the past that there are some major new leases being looked at, and one or more projects should go ahead sooner than rather later.

But for a variety of reasons, those deals either haven't closed, or aren't yet ready for the public presser.

When they're ready, you'll know. LOL

Also this isn't likely to be the first project to go; at least I'd be surprised if it were.

Last edited:
A tenant!

I've discussed in the past that there are some major new leases being looked at, and one more projects should go ahead sooner than rather later.

But for a variety of reasons, those deals either haven't closed, or aren't yet ready for the public presser.

Also this isn't likely to be the first project to go; at least I'd be surprised if it were.
What do you mean by first project to go? If you had to guess when would demolition start? and construction of the new towers? (Planning on moving back to my downtown condo in that area so hoping not for a couple years till I move back to the Don Mills & Eglinton Area LOL)

Also why can't they build the tenant residential buildings first as they planned anyways?

A tenant!

I've discussed in the past that there are some major new leases being looked at, and one more projects should go ahead sooner than rather later.

I heard on the new some big Indian Tech company is coming to Toronto and my guess is they would be a big tenant. Does that ring any bells to you?

What do you mean by first project to go? If you had to guess when would demolition start? and construction of the new towers?

Yes.

Also why can't they build the tenant residential buildings first as they planned anyways?

This is a common excavation site, so far as I recall, so the underground portions will be built together, the towers can rise separately, but it's certainly more cost effective to raise them together as they share a single mobilized construction crew and possibly some cranes.

I heard on the new some big Indian Tech company is coming to Toronto and my guess is they would be a big tenant. Does that ring any bells to you?

I'm not spilling beans at the moment on who is talking to whom; but you can try nagging @ProjectEnd LOL; he often caves after awhile. (ducks)

Yes.

This is a common excavation site, so far as I recall, so the underground portions will be built together, the towers can rise separately, but its certainly more cost effective to raise them together as they share a single mobilized construction crew and possibly some cranes.
If you had to guess when would demolition start?

Back