"chatter"
I believe at the time he was also calling himself a “journalist”. All for hearing a single rumour that turned out to be true, and then proceeded to build the world’s largest pile of BS to sit himself upon.

One might note that he claimed no less than three different locations within the Eaton Centre were supposed to be Apple Store “flagships” before they moved into the slightly larger and completely unremarkable store they currently inhabit.

20221016_142403.jpg

It's really hard to convey the scale of the scaffolding with just pictures, but it's massive.

Not surprising! From BlogTO. https://www.blogto.com/city/2022/11/eaton-centre-christmas-tree-2022/

A longstanding tradition at the CF Toronto Eaton Centre will reportedly come to an end this holiday season, with the shopping mall's management revealing that it will forego a Christmas tree of any kind for its 2022 seasonal celebration.

Cadillac Fairview announced that it "will mark the start of its holiday campaign on November 17th with a magical, not to be missed celebration at CF Toronto Eaton Centre," but this year's celebration will look quite a bit different, lacking the central feature shoppers have come to associate with the holiday season in the downtown mall.

A CF representative tells blogTO that to accommodate an ongoing modernization project, "This year, in lieu of our holiday tree, we are very excited to bring to life a one-of-a-kind program called Merry Merry Music that will unite our community through the power of music and a magical surprise."

The representative hints that a list of performers is on the way, saying that "we promise, it will be worth the wait."

Not to jump to any unrealistic conclusions, but Mariah Carey just so happens to be in Toronto to perform on Dec. 11, so who knows, maybe CF is redirecting their tree budget towards an appearance from holiday royalty before she is once again placed back into cryostasis for another year.

The announcement of no tree will be a big change for 2022, a year after the mall introduced a towering 108-foot-tall Christmas tree to ring in the 2021 holiday season.

Six other CF properties will indeed keep with tradition and host tree-lighting ceremonies on Nov. 18, including CF Markville and CF Sherway Gardens in the Toronto area.

"holiday tree," lol "Merry Merry Music" :rolleyes: Everything now a days has to be politically correct, so you can no longer say Christmas, it has to be holiday.
Actually it's politically incorrect because you're complaining about it...

It would be challenging to fit that 108 foot tree under that scaffolding...still, I feel like they could have created an alternate epic display that's not that tall. I remember in the 80's they used to have a pretty awesome Santa's Castle on one of the lower levels at the north end. How about something like that at least? F for effort...

It would be challenging to fit that 108 foot tree under that scaffolding...still, I feel like they could have created an alternate epic display that's not that tall. I remember in the 80's they used to have a pretty awesome Santa's Castle on one of the lower levels at the north end. How about something like that at least? F for effort...
...I liked it when they used your misplaced umbrella that time. 😼

They've been putting Santa's Cabin (downsized from the castle, I guess Santa's an empty-nester) outside by Trinity Square in recent years. Gotta maximize that interior sales space, dontcha know.

While acknowledging @adHominem's point that it's unfair to put bare-legged young women outside (elves) in the winter for hours on end......(that was your point, right? LOL)

You know what would fit neatly in Trinity Square............named for.......the adjacent church............a Christmas Tree! Right in the middle of the labyrinth.

They could actually use a real one, too.

Though maybe they shouldn't use the Swarovski decorations for that one....

On a side tangent, making me think of this space, makes me think of the faux creek fountain that's invariably out of order, which in turn made me think of how that could be used for the holidays (cross-country skiing anyone?) LOL......

Which then got me thinking of how it could be used in warmer weather, which then got me thinking how cool that square could be for halloween......with the creek lit and glowing red like a river of blood.....

Last edited:

Given their utter lack of taste, I am glad we don't have to see that red light district of a tree anymore. Like who did they hire for the decor? Melania?

AoD

Given their utter lack of taste, I am glad we don't have to see that red light district of a tree anymore. Like who did they hire for the decor? Melania?

AoD
You don't have to put on a red light...

...oh wait, that was Roxanne!

Back