Yes it was from Solmar. No idea about T2 and T3. Won't be surprised if they're delayed too.

It has been topped out for more than a month and it seems they need more than a year to be ready for occupancy? Moving in will be staggered and can start even before common elements are finished as long they pass all safety checks and get the right permissions.

I wouldn’t be surprised if lower floor units are to be told that actual occupancy is earlier than that. It is frustrating if you need to plan your move, for example terminate your current lease or sell your property, when you don’t know the exact date till a couple of months before you have to move. I went through this many years ago and I was lucky my previous landlady was willing to go month by month till we knew the exact date.

Does anyone know if we're still entitled to delay compensation payments as a result of this so- called "Unavoidable Delay"?

It has been topped out for more than a month and it seems they need more than a year to be ready for occupancy? Moving in will be staggered and can start even before common elements are finished as long they pass all safety checks and get the right permissions.

*I wouldn’t be surprised if lower floor units are to be told that actual occupancy is earlier than that.* It is frustrating if you need to plan your move, for example terminate your current lease or sell your property, when you don’t know the exact date till a couple of months before you have to move. I went through this many years ago and I was lucky my previous landlady was willing to go month by month till we knew the exact date.
Interesting point. So Occupancy Dates can actually be moved up as well? I thought they could only get postponed.

Just received notification today that Final Tentative Occupancy Date is in Oct 2023 and Revised Outside Occupancy Date is Sep 2025 for Edge Tower 1!

This is bewildering! What does this mean anyway; that the 'earliest' Occupancy is Oct 2023 and that it can get postponed further by another 2 years??

Does anyone know if we are entitled to delay penalty payouts because of the so-called "Unavoidable Delay due to COVID"?
I received a letter that early occupancy date is May 2023

Has anyone received a date for "Final" closing on Tower 1 units yet? I've gotten my Interim Occupancy Date, which is in October 2023 - but still no news on Final Closing.

Has anyone received a date for "Final" closing on Tower 1 units yet? I've gotten my Interim Occupancy Date, which is in October 2023 - but still no news on Final Closing.
I got a response from the builder that final closing for my unit will be during next fall. Expecting it to be during October. I do not know if the final closing is to be done for the whole building or unit per unit!! I mean if your interim occupancy is next October, how is it possible to have my final closing on the same October? I understand the final closing is possible only after the municipality confirms that its registration of all the units.

Hi Guys,
Does anybody have a clue about the date of the final closing for Tower 1 ? One member just mentioned that his interim occupancy will be next October; does this mean that we will not have the final closing before next October? Or it could be earlier?

Back